ID:2147008

(See the best response by Ganite.)
How hard do you guys think it would be to port byond code to unreal engine via an unreal plugin? Would you be willing to pay for such a plugin?

Actor - having an datum child class and so on.

Idea I had for what needed to be in such a plugin.

1.) Marketplace/hub. Allows you to assign a hub id, which can be used to connect players to your games or individuals who decided to team up in displaying there games.

2.)Nodes that reflect BYOND data classes, and variables that hooked into unreal engine default classes and variables.

3.) HTML template that gives status of your game, using it's ID to find it.

What else would be needed?
Best response
are you apart of the Nexus?
Nexus= Next generation? Then yeah.
Alright so I started working on this a bit.

I think a character is same as mob. A character display name is mob name if you assign it to a string called mob_name. Also player controller is a client, and get display name is client key if you assign it to a string called client_key. What do you guys think?

After looking over BYOND docs once again I can see that a lot of functionality is implemented by Unreal Engine default classes. Except, no javascript widgets by default. Verbs and procs would be unreal object class perhaps or widget class. If desired the entire BYOND engine could be rewritten under the object class. Minus the special hookups for using web client. Although Unreal Engine has it's on web client, so that wouldn't need to be rewritten.
Good luck! :)