ID:2147717

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Maybe someone Could suggest a better solution.

I have a 32X32 size map. However I have a 96 X 96 size tree per say. In the game, Only the lower left corner of the tree is Dense, rest of the tree you could walk over. My current solution is to make an area called "Dense" and make it density=1 that way i just put it over the tree. That has failed as I am probably not putting the right code. Any suggestions? Please be kind
Adjust the bounds of the tree.
Best response
If the tree is an obj, you can alter its bounds with the bound_x/y/width/height vars. By doing this you can make just the trunk dense, or the whole tree. (Keep in mind if only the trunk is dense, layering will be a tricky issue.) You can assign pixel offsets or a transform to the tree in order to adjust its coordinates as well.

If the tree is a turf, then I would suggest simply making every turf it covers dense.

The reason areas aren't solving this for you is that area density is meaningless. Areas always return 1 from Enter(), allowing entry. To do otherwise you'd have to override the Enter() proc for your special area.
In response to Lummox JR
Good explanation thanks I got it to do what I wanted (in theory) But know it looks completely ugly, can you point me to any documentation or tutorials on handling pixels? Since I have a 32X32 map, it just look like a huge gap from the player and the tree, so I need to take a different approach. I believe Pixel Offset is the concept? some great documentation would help, thanks!
In response to FKI
Good explanation thanks