ID:2147904

Hello Readers! Recently, Yut Put and Fat Albert had a super salty 1 on 1 game jam challenge, where the two designed and created a MOBA styled game within the course of 48 hours. I don't know who officially won, but both of their creations are awesome. More information on those creations, and the other happenings around BYOND, are found below!

BYOND

BYOND Developer Lummox JR celebrated his 15th BYOND anniversary by preventing a long-term bug from celebrating another anniversary. There have been a few releases since then, fixing up bugs and cleaning out old code in the Webclient. Cursers have seen some flexibility in their sizes in Dream Seeker as well. Then when he's not cheering on his favorite Football team, or writing books, or taking over the world, he's looking into ways to improve his project, Scream of the Stickster 2.

BYOND Games

Severed World began private testing this past week, after showing their login management server. Gibberish, stray projectiles, and town fires have all been shown to have occurred within the more than six pages of unresolved bugs, glitches, and other issues. Sounds like the testers (and developers) are hard at work!

Getting together has been the focus for the developers of Z Tactics in their third development log. First they created the systems to handle guilds and parties in the isometric RPG, then created the interfaces to manage them, and while working on the interface code, replaced the standard BYOND alerts with custom interfaces. Following this they created a shop keeper to sell guild licenses, and then added player shops.

The Black Death has begun development by Manio. Taking place in Victorian England, the players take on the role as a Plague Doctor and, right on par with the medical treatments of the time, your goal is to treat the diseased by swiftly destroying them, while keeping yourself healthy and uninjured.

Reality: Utopia has opened the doors to it's recently constructed hospital, and the medical staff are standing by to care for injuries sustained while visiting the remodeled Equinox dance club. To help find your way around, street names are now readily visible.

Land of Fire is currently under a nondisclosure agreement, but Pixelcomet has shared an interim dev-log letting us know their status.

As a participant in the Super Salty 3 vs 3 MOBA game jam, Fat Albert created Triumph, a classic arena battle game. Players choose their team and their role, and then are thrown into the heat of battle to take down the enemies and their defenses and overtake their camp.

Tacurumin resumed development on his soccer game this week, demonstrating the ball being shot around the field and Inventory and purchasing interfaces were created.

Strange magic is at work in Dungeon Heroes. The world has been transformed into a giant maze with 100 floors, and the first hero to reach the top will be able to return the world to its rightful way. The world tab interface has been completed, and allows players to see their location.

Development on Fallen Legends was began by Mecha Destroyer JD recently. Fallen Legends is an RPG where the player goes on a quest to save the world by gathering the legendary weapons of lore. The finished game is expected to have 20 hours of playtime, and there are plans to have a playable alpha out by next month.

The Last Conflict has made it's debut onto Steam Greenlight, and is looking for Yes! votes to work up the scale. The round based zombie shooter that has been around BYOND for nearly a decade has also made some efficiency improvements, by taking advantage of some of BYOND's newer features.

As a participant in the Super Salty MOBA game jam, Yut Put created MOBA Tactics, a mix between the increasing popular battle arena genre and the classic turn based paradigm. The forces of the world find themselves at a standstill, and require a hero to tip the scales. Players built their skills and weaponry to take down the enemies towers and overrun their base.

Ter13 has been making many changes to a project he began several months ago. The tiny pixel RPG has dungeons, switches, traps, biomes, auto tileing, massive mob swarms, and skills. Animated graphics and fancy transitions to boot. I have a feeling he knows about as much about the direction the game is going as I do, but at least it looks slick.

Solstice Entertainment started looking for beta testers for Sword & Soul Online, then shared the current plans for player progression, followed by a series of teaser screenshots to enjoy.

Wanabe has shared the many bug fixes, new features, and adjustments to Biocrisis found in version 1.45. Black Market updates now work correctly, zombies are now more difficult, and shop menus have keyboard support, to name a few. Check out the development log for the whole laundry list.

IronAnathemA made a series of improvements and expanded on the number of cells to escape from in Escape From... The panda now no longer only pushes rocks around, but can jump over water (although is unable to swim) and play with his new monkey friends.

BYOND Resources

Thanks for the mention bro !
Woo-hoo!
im looking for insperation
I have a feeling he knows about as much about the direction the game is going as I do, but at least it looks slick.

Translation:
Nice, the projects mentioned here are looking pretty cool...Guess there's no turning back for my project now..
Woo! Thanks for the mention!

The projects are looking really good, I can't wait to see some of them after their completed!
Eat shit for turning my taskbar icon orange
In response to Pooner
Pooner wrote:
Eat shit for turning my taskbar icon orange

The best part? Replying to a thread subscribes you to it.

You've given everyone the power to do it now.

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I have a feeling he knows about as much about the direction the game is going as I do, but at least it looks slick.

Translation:

That seems more like me. I imagine you sitting in the middle of this, saying the same thing...

In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Translation:

That seems more like me. I imagine you sitting in the middle of this, saying the same thing...

Where is this image from Flick? It's like the most awesome Gif I've ever seen.
It took me a while to notice Gordon Freeman in that gif.
good job everyone and keep up with the good work
Within 50 is 50 years?