ID:2149110

Applies to:Website and BYOND Client

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've been contemplating about this for months to maybe a few years now, but I wonder if there is anyway to support this feature request? There could be a special flag for libraries that are open-sourced.

One part of the request deals with hub version handling since gits on GitHub can change often (currently, you have to alter the hub version on the hub for updates to occur on the BYOND client). Perhaps a way of choosing a branch or even a fork to automatically update your copy of the library?

I know this will take considerable amount of work on both the main client and the website to support at least the GitHub API, but it would be an interesting endeavor for libraries that utilize a working open-sourced approach.
Technically all BYOND libraries are open-source.

To be honest I don't think setting it up to interface with GitHub is a particularly valuable investment of time. An author can always upload a new version and update their hub entry's version number as needed. Using GitHub to organize the project and track changes is a good idea, but the same could be said of other services and approaches.
In response to Lummox JR
Ah, alright then. Yeah, that's what I'll do if there is an important build in the master branch.

It does give me an idea though. I could supply a working zip file for BYOND's website and if others are clever enough, they could create a working copy of the repository where BYOND libraries are normally stored.

For the BYOND-hosted version, a significant update will be provided directly on BYOND's hub.

Edit: Now I see what you are saying. I was taking a good look at their API and couldn't get it to work right with C++ (even with .NET setup). Tried to get their package through NuGet and ended up with errors.