ID:2149691

Any other games out there with an auto-dodge mechanic like. https://youtu.be/704XlavJJo4

Seem to be having trouble finding some- in fighting games, or airplane games.

Something like dragon universe precognition if you played it.

I'm looking for examples of how to implement an auto-dodge mechanic via player controls, for twitch based combat.
Did you read the comments on that video
I think what you're thinking of (but not what's in the video) is countering. Many games have this in some form. In fighting games, you press a button, and the next incoming attack within a second of pressing the button is countered automatically. In turn-based games, an attack in the next turn is countered. It's basically the same as setting a trap, but the trap doesn't last long.

As far as implementation, it's exactly the same as a cooldown. Specify a duration and store the end time by adding the duration to the current time. When attacked, check the cooldown: if the current time is before the end time, then counter the attack.
Here's another example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz4AmpgDCO8
Countering huh? Will research and get back to this topic if I have more questions then.
MMO's with counters as a game mechanic?
Pokemon GO has that mechanic. If there's an incoming ability you can swipe left or right to dodge it.
I don't mess with those poke mens. Is that really an mmo? I meant in game free roam like mmo's. Last I heard you walk around in real life to play.
In response to Sir Quizalot
Sir Quizalot wrote:
I don't mess with those poke mens. Is that really an mmo? I meant in game free roam like mmo's. Last I heard you walk around in real life to play.

so you are one of them who have heard about game and never experienced it
I've seen other stuff like it. Isn't it just turf wars. try to avoid times of hype. If it really has a good counter mechanic maybe I should check it out.
It does.

Sometimes you swipe left. Other times you swipe right. Sometimes you swipe and nothing happens at all. Sometimes you swipe and the servers experience issues and you get disconnected. The possibilities are endless in Pokemans GoGo.
Well I don't need to see that to understand it.