ID:2150654

Resolved
Several CSS style settings on map elements didn't work correctly in .dms skins (and sometimes translated skins too), preventing maptext from inheriting the correct values. This included vertical-align and color.
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 53.0.2785.116
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

The webclient is ignoring the CSS properties text-color and vertical-align in style sheets, even when other properties are clearly being applied to the same element.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1. Create a project with a script file.
2. Attempt to set vertical-align and text-color using CSS.
3. Connect in web client.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
#outputid {background-color: #00FF00; font-family:fixedsys,monospace; text-color:#FF00FF}
#mapid {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; text-color:#FF00FF}

Expected Results:

Magenta text, aligned to the top and centerin the case of the map.

Actual Results:

Default colored text (black), aligned to the bottom center on maptext.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Both so far.
In other user accounts? User account has no effect.
On other computers? Two Windows 10 computers, all major browsers.

When does the problem NOT occur?

When these properties are defined anywhere other than the style sheet. (I.e., using skinparams for text-color, using a
tag for vertical-align.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

Both 510 and the 511 beta show it. I'm not going to be in a position to test with earlier visions until at least tomorrow, likely Monday.

Workarounds:

Vertical-align is parsed 100% properly with values "middle" and "top" when it is specified in a div tag for individual atoms. Text-color as far as I can tell works as expected in 100% of the other ways of assigning it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Several CSS style settings on map elements didn't work correctly in .dms skins (and sometimes translated skins too), preventing maptext from inheriting the correct values. This included vertical-align and color.