RealmLike

by AlexandraErin
Rogue like. MUD like. RealmLike. Bringing text-based graphics into the 21st century.
ID:2150712

Resolved
BYOND update.
BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 53.0.2785.116
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
When casting magic missle, the little 'zap' messages seem to get stuck on the map.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just missing the joke... (I am a bit slow sometimes ;) I got these messages from a chest when opening it.

'You examine the chest.
You take 11 damage!
You are a frost rune!'
The rune traps are missing a value in the soft code. That will be fixed in the next update. I will have to play around with magic missile, as it doesn't do this for me and it's using BYOND's missile proc. Does it happen every time you cast it at something?
Seems to, yeah.
EDIT: Although I don't remember it happening the other day, but I was playing in DS that day. This is the webclient.

I'm guessing the cobweb covered -somethings- at the bottom of that pic need to be cleaned off somehow before I can do anything with them?
Oh, that's rubble with cobwebs over it. The proc that checks if a square is empty before putting something in it at map gen must not be including "scatters" (like cobwebs and rubble). I'll fix that in the next update, too.

As of now, those things are all static, only meant to help create signposts of sorts through the dungeon.

But you've given me a great idea for a future feature.

(The missile thing is a genuine webclient bug. I'm making a report now.)
Alright, scratch that. It doesn't always happen. I'll see if I can find a pattern.
I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with if the target is moving, and if there's anything in between you and the target for the missile to get hung up on (not that it should, it's an missile/image, but it seems to). In my own testing, if these conditions aren't met then it doesn't even stick around long enough to be seen.
I will not be able to fix the missile thing on my end, but if there isn't a resolution when the next update comes, I'll change the missile to target the turf instead of the mob. That currently stops it from showing up at all on the webclient (I'll add a "pop-in" at the end for visual feedback), but will be almost the same as normal on Dreamseeker.
Well, Lummox says he's pretty sure he's nailed down the missile bug for the next beta releae.
AlexandraErin changed status to 'Verified'
Latest BYOND build fixes the missile thing.
AlexandraErin resolved issue with message:
BYOND update.