ID:2150787

Resolved
Setting an object's appearance_flags to TILE_BOUND will prevent it from stretching HUD borders if it is applied to client.screen, regardless of its icon size.
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
A way to bypass the screen border feature pls. It seems to cause way more problems and is rarely used as a solution, especially since the implemention of skins. if we want a black border we would just design it in our skin.
That's what EDGE_PERSPECTIVE and the letterbox setting for map controls is for.
I think what you want is the letterbox setting. When map zoom is set to 0, letterbox=false will expand the map to fill the control entirely. The default letterbox=true scales the map to fit within the control and shows black space to either side.
I'm sorry. Seems like I didn't clarify the subject.

In the Help Reference in Dream Maker under screen_loc it says "In addition to objects inside of the map view, one may create border objects. Borders are automatically created when screen objects are placed at coordinates outside of the inner map view. For example, objects placed at y=0 fall on a border directly below the map and y=-1 is one tile below that. (The CENTER keyword is based on normal viewport bounds and not any extra borders.)"

It implies this feature was implemented to create borders. This feature not only activates when using screen locations that are outside of viewports but when icons or images extend beyond the viewport. I would like a flag or some way to where this border feature can ignore an objects bounds so the border doesn't appear regardless of how big it is or its position.
If it's expanding for things that aren't on the screen that would be a bug, and one I've never seen myself. I use massive objects often and have yet to see the viewport change because of it.
It might be better if you hooked us up with some screen shots of whats happening and what wrong and how you think it should look.
In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:
It implies this feature was implemented to create borders. This feature not only activates when using screen locations that are outside of viewports but when icons or images extend beyond the viewport. I would like a flag or some way to where this border feature can ignore an objects bounds so the border doesn't appear regardless of how big it is or its position.

That should only be the case for HUD objects that have big icons. (This behavior is necessary because some games rely on it.)
If he's talking about large screen objects, yeah, adding a way to toggle the behavior would be nice for quite a few things I can think of.
In response to Nadrew
Maybe I could make the TILE_BOUND flag do that. It makes sense.
Yes, I'm sorry. I was referring to big icons and yes that sounds great Lummox. The main influence on this request was to help make a versatile minimap code so developers using the code won't need to spend time setting up variables that are design to avoid extending beyond the viewports.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Setting an object's appearance_flags to TILE_BOUND will prevent it from stretching HUD borders if it is applied to client.screen, regardless of its icon size.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:

Does this variable work nowadays? I have tried it and I have the same problem Fat Albert described with the newest version
Yes.. You still have the ability to allow big icons to ignore pushing screen borders with TILE_BOUNDS.
In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:
Yes.. You still have the ability to allow big icons to ignore pushing screen borders with TILE_BOUNDS.

We only need to declare appearance_flags = TILE_BOUNDS for big screen objects? I have tried and it didn't work. Is there any other thing that needs to be set?
In response to ArmitxeX
Did it have any big-icon overlays that didn't have TILE_BOUND set? If that's the case, same problem; you would need TILE_BOUND on the overlays as well.