ID:2151076

Now fall is official, even for the pedants. And it's coming in with grand style here, cloudy and gray. On the plus side, Halloween is coming.

The webclient saw some much needed love this week with a number of bug fixes, and more are on the way. Parallel animations were still a bit of a mess, missiles had been broken for a while, and a few other key bits were found needing some repairs.

Gamepad support for the webclient is still in the works. Before I move 511 to stable I also want to give the webclient support for SEE_PIXELS, which it has never had but could use. A number of games have been experimenting with it.

Speaking of SEE_PIXELS, the SS13 developer community has spoken loud and clear that they want a sight flag to render darkness even if SEE_PIXELS isn't used, so I'm going to give it to them--and I expect to do so before the end of 511. Likewise, there's been a recent suggestion that I think TILE_BOUND would help with: namely, forcing a HUD icon not to stretch the HUD out further if its icon is large. I don't think these tweaks merit a major version bump, so they can go in before 512.

Ideas are still brewing for 512, but recently I added an item to the list that's also been requested an awful lot: creating a single flat icon from an appearance. I've decided that's going in in 512 for sure.

Hey guys, don't forget to renew your BYOND Memberships, or become a Member if you haven't already. This is a great time of year for gaming, and for bringing new games into the world.
Give me gamepad support for the webbclient, take my money. Very simple.
stap
*Patiently waits for the moment he can abuse another BYOND feature 'TILE_BOUND'*
While you're poking around in how to crop things within the screen, keep http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2141029 a thought in the back of your mind! I know I'd drop 20 bucks for it.
Exciting!