ID:2152691

I was going to write another one of my wall of text MOBA reviews, but I figured this time I'd do something different. I will type a series of words and phrases. If the words and phrases describe you as a person, then follow the link to play Battlerite. If not, continue playing Maplestory.

Here goes:
- ALPHA
- LEADER OF THE PACK
- HAIR ON CHEST
- BASS IN VOICE
- WELL ENDOWED
- NOT A CUCK
- HARAMBE
- 9K MMR/RANK #1 CHALLENGER IN KOREA

https://www.battlerite.com/

There's only two types of people in this world: men and boys. This game makes it easy to tell them apart.
I had a catastrophic sudden death 1v1 as Varesh against the sand-throwing time dude. Started off as a 1v2 but killed the little water mage whore midget and then me and sand-throwing time dude just started pew pewing it up and we kept both missing our ultimates and then the sudden death thing triggered and like 30 seconds more of rolling my face across the keyboard I killed him with one final left click. The adrenaline was insane that match.
Isn't this just Bloodline Champions with a new lick of paint? Even the characters look the same.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Isn't this just Bloodline Champions with a new lick of paint? Even the characters look the same.

Feels better than BC.
I just bought it. Hopefully I'm not filled with regret 5 minutes in.
In response to Xorbah
Xorbah wrote:
I just bought it. Hopefully I'm not filled with regret 5 minutes in.

u can refund if u dont go over 2 hours
So you can but a new game but cant get a new BYOND membership @ET? smh disappointed in you.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
So you can but a new game but cant get a new BYOND membership @ET? smh disappointed in you.

i offered to buy memberships for 2 people who claimed they were interested in helping byond

one never responded and the other called me insane, ggwp rip byond community 2016
LMAO, so I just realized that Battlerite has this awesome replay system where it even lets you edit and publish highlights of matches to the rest of the community. You can also "follow" a player so whenever that player plays a match and submits a highlight, it'll automatically show up at the top of your feed when you open the replay screen up again. If you click the little film icon at the top right on the main menu and then search "Nemoris", you can watch the play I'm referring to. I just submitted it.

This has to be the best replay feature I've seen in any game ever. Kudos to these guys.
Ok, I hit level 10 on Varesh yesterday. So I've played around 40 matches. Time for my impressions.

Game is fun obviously otherwise I wouldn't have played 40 matches. Unlike Overwatch, I'd say the community is already kinda shit. A lot of people came directly from BC and I think this reflects what kind of community that game had. Just a bunch of people who get butthurt at the team after losing round 1 even when it's their own fault. Also a lot of people don't want to listen. I keep getting these oblivious teams that ignore the energy buff in the center of the map, and so what happens is the enemies spot me trying to get it and they spam their attacks onto it and because no one is assisting me in getting it, obviously they have a higher chance of getting the last hit on it, then they proceed to get their ultimates and steamroll us. It's gotten to the point where at the beginning of every match, I have to type "hey guys, you know that energy buff that spawns in the center of the map? we should get it, it helps us win the game!". BTW, energy is how you use your ultimate in this game. Once your energy bars are full, you can cast it.

As far as game balance I'm not really noticing anything yet that strikes me as "OP". One match you get a Freya who completely dominates, the next match the Freya is basically mincemeat and so far it seems like game knowledge is determining who wins games. I'd like to maybe see some slight changes in some of the abilities and Battlerites ( enhancements to your character between rounds ) as some abilities are good but don't seem to be usable very often and some of the Battlerites are bad in comparison to others and I find myself choosing the same buffs 90% of the time.

As I said, replay feature in this game is incredible. Automatically saves your games for you. Replay them when you want. Edit the replays within the game and submit them to the community. Follow other players so you can see what they've submitted. I don't understand why Battlerite is the first MOBA to actually do this. I've been waiting several years to see a replay feature like this. Meanwhile over at Rito, you still have to use third-party programs and websites to do everything I just described and they're the most successful online game in the world. There's no excuse for them not to have this by now.

As far as improvements, the game prides itself on being like, this game that takes a ton of raw skill to be good at however in terms of decisions, you only have 3 things to decide:

- What Battlerites you want
- Who to attack
- When to go for the energy buff

There's a current mechanic in the game similar Vayne's Condemn ability in League where a few of the champs in this game can knock enemies into walls and it stuns them or deals more damage. The thing is, this is kinda the only interaction with the map we have and if you really want this game to be difficult, there needs to be more mechanics like this that force you to not just think about who to focus, but where you're actually standing. I would like to see the maps updated with more hazards/objects to interact with besides walls. I'd also like more than one buff. Perhaps another buff that instead of granting energy, it instantly refreshes all your cooldowns. Just to add more variation and unpredictability.

I don't think this game is for everyone. It's punishing to people who suck moreso than a game like League not just because everything is a skill shot but because you can't rely on other things to compensate for your lack of skill. You can't just say "Oh, well, late-game I'll be a lot stronger" and then just steamroll because you have an item advantage at that point. You can't be losing a round and say "Oh, let's just grab Baron, then we'll get an increase in damage and can push harder!". All you have at your disposal in this game is your game knowledge, mechanics, and ability to work with 1 or 2 other people. You can't rely on core items, Summoner spells, a level advantage, nothing so if you're not just flat out good at the game, expect to have a hard time.

Going from League to Battlerite is almost like going from CoD to CS:GO. Bear that in mind before buying this game.
I'm officially having too much fun ( watch on YouTube, it's difficult to make out what's happening in the smaller size video ).