In response to Drakemoore
In response to Godsring
Godsring wrote:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dungeonmasters/

That Sourceforge project is currently set to private, access is forbidden when attempting to view it. It needs to be set to public in order to comply with the license.
It is set to public though you need an account on sourceforge. Anonymous users are not allowed access you must login to your account.
In response to Godsring
Godsring wrote:
It is set to public though you need an account on sourceforge. Anonymous users are not allowed access you must login to your account.

I do have a Sourceforge account, it still states Forbidden.
Odd... do you have tortoise svn if you do I can send you the svn link that will work for sure im not sure why you cant see the page possibly an error with sourceforge
In response to Godsring
Godsring wrote:
Odd... do you have tortoise svn if you do I can send you the svn link that will work for sure im not sure why you cant see the page possibly an error with sourceforge

A SVN link will work, the project page access should be fixed when you have time and a link added to the hub entry ideally.
svn checkout --username=godsring https://svn.code.sf.net/p/dungeonmasters/code-0/trunk dungeonmasters-code-0
Are you taking an interest into Dungeon Master?
In response to Godsring
Godsring wrote:
Are you taking an interest into Dungeon Master?

I've always had some personal interest in the project and when I came across this thread I realized the original hub that Ginsing had was gone and so were the associated sources. I was hoping to see the source for it to continue to be available to the community.

Thank you for providing the Svn link!
Yes I had always been a co-owner of Dungeon Master though I am not well known by newer players I quit development back in late 2006 or early 2007 and didn't come back till 2012 due to life concerns. When I came back in 2012 all production was stopped on the game so I picked up where I left off on the official project. Just recently Ginseng quit and turned over full ownership. I will keep developing dungeon master for the foreseeable future as it is the only multiplayer game of its genre when I do the steam release I expect to gain much popularity. It says you joined January of 2006 so you should remember me hopefully a bit from v400 development
All I Know guys is if you look at both our games you can see that they are very different and do not relate to each other at all what so ever. Dungeon Master is about making armies and stuff kind of like Star craft but stone age.

My game is based on Fairy tail but more so based on ideas from many different anime. To be honest, I don't wanna get any games taken down but there are many Naruto games and DBZ like games like Dragon Universe that are very much fan based games. My game is a PvP game much like those Naruto or DBZ games like Dragon universe or Phoenix sundering earth.

My game was complained against simply because Godsring has beef with me and I guess he seems to think this will halt my production. Idk why he is jealous, he has nothing to do with me, my life or my game. He just recently took over Ginsengs Dungeon Master, so idk what his deal is other then we had argument, i blocked his ass and he got butt hurt that he couldnt insult me back?
In response to Godsring
I've come back to say thank you for showing compliance with the GPLv3 license. Mainly pointed it out to make sure it didn't cause issues (in case anybody else noticed it). I tried the SVN link myself earlier and it works.

As for Jolenar, his hub could get shutdown again if someone does manage to contact the legit copyright owners for Fairy Tail. I know several such games have been taken down. You might actually remember Duel Monsters Online (which got taken down by Konami).
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
I've come back to say thank you for showing compliance with the GPLv3 license. Mainly pointed it out to make sure it didn't cause issues (in case anybody else noticed it). I tried the SVN link myself earlier and it works.

As for Jolenar, his hub could get shutdown again if someone does manage to contact the legit copyright owners for Fairy Tail. I know several such games have been taken down. You might actually remember Duel Monsters Online (which got taken down by Konami).

All I honestly wanted to see from the beginning is compliance with the license and to have the hub taken down till he gets compliant that is all..its a shame things have had to come this far... he is trying so hard to bypass just doing such a simple thing...it wont hurt him in anyway or even prevent him from making money.. in all reality it protects him
I guess i give up :( I dont have time to do this every week, i barely get time to code anymore...

My game is not even the same game as his, doesnt use any of his icons or code. If it does, I should be allowed to see what was apparently used from his source. But he wont even show me that or present proof.

Oh well, what can I do, in the end, if byond cant do anything then all that will happen is he will place a DMCA complaint on me again after this is figured out, then what go through all this process again? Forget it, I came to play and have fun, code on the side, not spend my time on this forum trying to get a DMCA complaint off my game... Like damn, it is so clearly not the same game and has none of the icons or code he has, yet here we are...

I gave up, Deleted my hub and deleted the second hub i made today. I will be quitting byond.
In response to Jolenar
Jolenar wrote:
I guess i give up :( I dont have time to do this every week, i barely get time to code anymore...

My game is not even the same game as his, doesnt use any of his icons or code. If it does, I should be allowed to see what was apparently used from his source. But he wont even show me that or present proof.

Oh well, what can I do, in the end, if byond cant do anything then all that will happen is he will place a DMCA complaint on me again after this is figured out, then what go through all this process again? Forget it, I came to play and have fun, code on the side, not spend my time on this forum trying to get a DMCA complaint off my game... Like damn, it is so clearly not the same game and has none of the icons or code he has, yet here we are...

I gave up, Deleted my hub and deleted the second hub i made today. I will be quitting byond.

There's no reason to just give up and leave at all. I think that's extreme to leave the community over this issue. If you're really not using any code or icons, then work out a solution amongst yourselves and be done with the issue.

Honestly Byond's lost a lot of members over the years for a variety of reasons, this doesn't need to be one of them.
In response to Jolenar
The only thing you have to do (as far as I'm aware) is send in a legal counter-notice to dispute the takedown. Reposting the hub entry was obviously the wrong thing to do, since it just incurred another takedown, but you can certainly fight the notice properly.

I'm also very motivated, now, to look into the process by which your entry could be reinstated if you submitted the proper notice. Godsring crossed a couple of really big lines in the process of dealing with this, so suffice it to say I'm not happy.
I did as my legal council advised me to do... I had to issue three DMCA complaints.... I also do not appreciate our private dealings being discussed on the public forums and I feel as if you are now naming/shaming me for doing as I was advised by my legal council to do...I do not understand why we need to speak about this in public
In response to Godsring
Godsring wrote:
I did as my legal council advised me to do... I had to issue three DMCA complaints.... I also do not appreciate our private dealings being discussed on the public forums and I feel as if you are now naming/shaming me for doing as I was advised by my legal council to do...I do not understand why we need to speak about this in public

I'm pretty sure your legal counsel did not advise you to escalate it immediately to the host, nor to falsely tell them that BYOND wasn't being very helpful. The requests you sent were handled properly and promptly.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Godsring wrote:

I'm pretty sure your legal counsel did not advise you to escalate it immediately to the host, nor to falsely tell them that BYOND wasn't being very helpful. The requests you sent were handled properly and promptly.

Yes actually they did and not only did they suggest I speak with the ISP they suggested that is where I should have started for best results on a permanent resolution... again I do not believe we should be speaking about this on the forums and I do not appreciate feeling named and shamed for doing what I could do to protect my content... While I do respect your feelings on the batter as feeling you are being treated as you have no respect for the law this is not true nor was the intent of my report to the ISP.. My intent was purely to protect my content and make sure the GPL was fully enforced... Byond has lost several very good developers over this very problem....
In response to Godsring
Dis guy funne

I'm going to DMCA you for using Zeta icons, and RPG maker icons for the purpose of milkeing moneyz

Plox remove each and every zeta/rpg maker icon. thankx u
Page: 1 2 3 4