ID:2153260

Hello Readers! I don't know if anyone else is ready for September to be over and done with, but mine was insanely busy, and I'm looking forward to nice and relaxing October. Oh wait. I hinted earlier that GIAD was coming in October... More on that sometime next week! For now, here is news that actually happened:

BYOND

Bug have been squashed quite frequently over the past couple beta versions as Lummox JR looks to slap the stable label on 511 and move forward to 512. SEE_BLACKNESS is a recently added sight flag in topdown mode. The gamepad code has been optimized, and is under review for usability improvements. For the webclient, gamepad support and custom splash screens are on the list as well.

BYOND Games

Sigrogana Legend 2 progressed to version 1.63, sharing a collection of new features and fixes. Inactive players will now be evicted from their homes, new recipes have been added to the cookbook, and marksman can now choose a balanced progression.

AlexandraErin launched a server for RealmLike. RealmLike is rougelike with randomly generated dungeons. Search out chests and secret passageways as a wizard, clerk, fighter, or rouge. After some feedback, changes were made to the environment, better inventory management, and new skills.

Pixel Realms has extended an invitation for prospective players to sign up to test Severed World in return for their feedback. Severed world is an RPG set in a whimsical world of magic and quirky residents and monsters. Bring your contact and computer information to get signed up!

Manio has shared some information about the impending plague. The Black Death now has potion making, dynamic lighting, safe havens, and interface buttons. While outside avoid the green smog and infected players, or you could join the ranks of the Fell yourself.

Flick is back to working with hexagons, this time from a little different angle. The environment is looking good, and it seems that players can move their pieces around the world, and build their forts.

Tacurumin has been on the ball with Futebol Total lately. Vanity items have been on the list, with the creation of a tool to create overlay states. The shop has been filled with helmets, which will cover up all of the customizable hair styles.

Fallen Legends is undergoing the design phase of development. But Mecha Destroyer JD found the time to add some NPCs to the game, with bits and pieces of how the world came to be. If he is as good with deadlines and he suggests, we'll see a playable demo in just a few days. Check out his site frequently.

Ter13 has been making skills for his recent project. The player can now dash into enemies and bound off of obstructions. They can bash into one another, and soon they will be able to shock enemies as well.

BYOND Resources

• SPanimScript is Bandock's Latest creation, a scripting language that allows developers to create animations.
  • Bandock's SBylo library is now available for use as public domain.
  • When he's not working on his game, Ter13 has been busy writing the first two chapters of his MORPG tutorial for new programmers!
Leak information on YutPuts Secret Project. Sigma.
all leakers will be prosecuted.
You just jealous cause you got no secret project to leak :P
In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:
You just jealous cause you got no secret project to leak :P

I do. The Russian hackers just haven't gotten around to leaking them yet.
Prove it :P
looking good everyone!
Cool, I was recently introduced to a Russian mafia wonder if they are connected.
In response to Solobb-
russian mafia huh. good for you
Heh, I like the fact that Within Byond is holding me accountable for my stated deadlines. Luckily I met it this time! Also, a lot of cool stuff on the list as usual.
well, considering he has won contest consecutively competing against some of byonds top developers is nothing little. It doesn't sound like you've seen his lastest game cause its quite impressive.
In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:
well, considering he has won contest consecutively competing against some of byonds top developers is nothing little.

Cloud Magic wrote:
Yut Put's a good name to represent his nature cause you think his game's gonna make a big stroke but all it ends up doing is a little put.

Could walk some melba through that comment and come back with saltines.
I've got some really neat games in the works.

First An all out role playing game with that is skill use based and has over 40 skills.

Second A multiplayer gem matching game that you travel across a map dragon warrior style and then use matched gems in combat to cast spells.

Third A Text based multi user dungeon(MUD) made from scratch with an engine i made that uses the byond maps to generate easy to make areas that i can visually look at.

Anywhere i can post visuals? I know they are exciting looking i want to share them!
In response to Zamargo
how come they werent revelead in this within byond?
In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:
I've got some really neat games in the works.

First An all out role playing game with that is skill use based and has over 40 skills.

Second A multiplayer gem matching game that you travel across a map dragon warrior style and then use matched gems in combat to cast spells.

Third A Text based multi user dungeon(MUD) made from scratch with an engine i made that uses the byond maps to generate easy to make areas that i can visually look at.

Anywhere i can post visuals? I know they are exciting looking i want to share them!

Post them on this thread:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1911651
Woo!

More love for The Black Death makes me a happy Canadian.