ID:21537

Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but I remember promising that I would post about what brought me to BYOND, and about my history here, about.... three months ago.

It has been 1 year, 8 months and a day ago when a friend of mine told me how he found this cool DBZ game on the net, through MSN. He linked to me a site, and told me to download some software, and told me to create a key. Typically, it would be "O-matic" - I loved that name, and used it for alot of things I needed to register. So I creted the key, and he linked me to Dragonball Zen. Man, I loved that game. And I love those good ol' days. I remember it all very well, the training, the conflicts, the fighting, the ban-evading and most of all: The bug-abusing. I also remember how I HATED Atriculo, and how much I wanted to become a GM... Good ol' days. But then, Zen gets deleted and Kanak banned: The days were over, I did odd things because of that.

Not too much after that, I decided to create an own game - a DBZ game. So, I started reading Zilal's tutorial, and it didn't(Hah, "RGP game") go very well. I decided to quit, all my hope died. But shortly after that, I won't call names so I'll call him DX, I met DX. He told me he was editing "something that's called Zeta", I was like "what's that?". "A free game, everyone uses it to make DBZ games." So I created a Zeta rip, EternalDBZFighters. Man I remember those days! It were good two months. How we got into fights, and got into some sort of war between our games. I remember very well how I kept sending my players to his game, and he his to mine, as if it were soldiers... The spamming chaos, the not-working ban and mute-bugs... Great times.

But, not for long, Kanak got unbanned and the DBZen got back. Niran was developing a new non-Zeta version, and I got to be GM! Man I was glad, I ditched EternalDBZFighters, and started playing Zen over and over, and kept testing the new version. I was so happy with the GM spot, untill Kanak left again and the game was on hold again, my dream(I can't really imagine how I could've be so ...addicted to that, as if it were my life) was destroyed. So, back to EternalDBZFighters it was. But unfortunately, DX 'left' BYOND, so I was all alone. I kept running Etdbzf, and even started a new game (non-Zeta, from scratch, untill Xeal started harassing me once in Chatters or Wiz_chat(not sure which it was) by calling it a rip, so I stopped that.:< )

Summer, 2005. I was no longer a troll, I could type normally, and could be found on the Developer Forums quite often. I decided to redo ETDBZF, making it completely non-Zeta. I called it V2, so I started developing. From scratch. Too bad the speed was like a slug's, because it took a little more than a year. I was extremely lazy, something that could be done in a month, was done in a year. So yes, a few months ago I released it, but it sucked, horribly. It seemed that the code was buggy and sucky, it still had P-bags, etc. It did have sorta cool features, but those were horribly user-friendly. I realised that when I did the first 50%, back when I started V2, I wasn't that good programmer I was as I thought I was at the time.

But now, I am developing V3, aiming for something DBTC-like. I now know that I am much better than a year ago, I can actually program. V3 is in heavy development. It all begins again, I noticed DX has returned and is probably making a new rip, so that promises cool times, even though he is that typical ripper-type.

To those who are interested, see V3 screenshots, and V3-development forum.

There you go, my history, who-ever-I-promised-this. I didn't tell everything, though.
It's funny how much you can change in a couple months, sometimes without you even noticing.

I also remember how I HATED Atriculo

.>
I also remember how I HATED Atriculo

<.<
A friend of mine said, 'hey, play Final Fantasy Legends (whatever the hell Loud's game was called) with me for a bit'.
Then I downloaded BYOND and played it for a bit.
Then I deleted it, remembered it 3 years later, and started playing it again.

It's not as cool because it's not 3 or 4 paragraphs long. =\
You whore. You promised this on my blog ages ago.

AGES.

Better late than never, I suppose.
Oh, yes, now I remember! sorry :-<

EDIT: I'd better not talk about the other promise I made, around two weeks ago. >_>
:) Story Time
Yeah, we all have weird ways on how we got to byond. My story is similar to yours and yes it involved playing the "1337 eleet dbz gAme" which in the end was a rip.

I saw V3 the screenshots, looks great!