ID:2153849

This week 511 saw a couple of minor new features, although they won't seem minor to those who requested them. The SS13 community has badly wanted a way to render dark tiles to a plane, so now they have one. Also there was a request to avoid stretching HUDs when using big icons, and that's in place too. With those came a bevy of other fixes, including several for the webclient.

I said I was getting 511 towards completion, but this week an interesting discussion came up regarding gamepad setup and how it relates to standalone games. A desire has been expressed to be able to capture raw input from the joystick, not standardized via the gamepad setup menu, and to be able to do custom "local" gamepad setups on a per-game basis. In hindsight it seems foolish of me not to have allowed for this from the outset, so I'm correcting that mistake now. May as well get it right while it's still in beta.

The webclient is still being worked on quite a bit, and gamepad support is coming there soon enough. Along with that I really want to finally get back to the login system and do some revamping, and there's a nasty link() bug that appears to be giving Severed World a lot of grief. I'm on the case!

October is nearly here and with it comes Halloween, so be sure to get your Halloween-themed games going. Let's run from ghosts and battle mad scientists around the local pumpkin patch. And speaking of the end of the month: The fundometer can always use some extra love, if you're not a Member yet. I heard a hilarious rumor this week that some people think BYOND is making ridiculous gobs of money on ads and we don't need memberships at all. Nope! BYOND still needs our Members' support, and it's that support that keeps the new features and fixes rolling in. So shake down the old living room couch; or better yet go mug a spammer, preferably while in costume for bonus points.
...And thus AdBlock Man was born!