ID:2154774

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Currently when you go to byond.com you see "Play" or "Create" and behind "Play" there is an image of some sort of puzzle games. My suggestion is simply to replace that image with something more enticing such as graphics from Eternia or something.

That's all. Thanks. It might increase retention of people visiting the site, even if it only goes from 30% to 33%. Maybe the community could design a landing page with more retention to it. It's the first thing people see.
I agree that that the BYOND website is excellent in functionality, and decently good looking, but lacks the luster of other gaming sites, like Steam. I'd like to see development of the look of the BYOND website so that it draws the user into BYOND.

I wouldn't necessarily pick one game, although Eternia is gorgeous. I'd suggest trying to cycle games through the highlighted section, similar to how Steam handles their front page of the Steam store. A heavier use of images, and larger screenshots when possible, is probably key to making the BYOND website more immersive. More images and even videos would really draw people in.

For instance, when I watch Silk's NEStalgia video from his game's media page, it is really captivating! If we find a way to bring captivating media (both images and movies) into a highlighted position, such as the front landing page, that would be really cool.