ID:2155482

BYOND Version:511.1358
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 53.0.2785.143
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you change the privacy of the world to public while a world is started, it will reset at every reboot to private until you stop, change, and start the world again
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Launch DD
2. Start any world in private mode
3. Change to public
4. Reboot world.
5. ....
6. PROFIT!

(Tested on 510 as well, issue exists there)

This is mildly annoying to us at /tg/station because we do change rather or not we are on the hub based on current user trends to avoid overloading administration efforts with too many new users.

This does not seem to happen when going from public to private.
Perhaps making use of world.visibility instead of DD's privacy settings would be more ideal? (not saying this isn't a bug, that's just a solution in the meantime)
Hmm, Sadly if DD for any reason defaults to private, and not invisible, then world.visibility has no effect.

This is harder for us because another program launches dd, and dd is set to exit if the world stops, so we don't actually have anyway to stop the world, set the privacy settings, then start it back up.

If you have DD set to private, then visibility toggles between private and invisible, rather than public and private.

Anywho, I think i can make this work if i also make the starter add -public to the command line arg.