ID:2156550

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Problem description:

I'm using the same font. for my input and my output It's set to be pixel perfect at 12pt. The settings are completely identical.

However, they appear a totally different size for an unknown reason.

I have absolutely no freaking clue why this is happening.

I'm not using any CSS or font styling in the output at all. It's just using the default settings with the font face and size changed.

However, the font is neither correctly sized between the two, or rendering pixel perfect as it should be thanks to stupid windows cleartype. THANKS MICROSOFT FOR MAKING IT A GLOBAL SETTING AND NOT A PER-APP SETTING!

Why though, are the sizes not consistent between the elements? I can't for the life of me find what's causing it to render at 10pt rather than 12pt.
Bizarre. Does the issue occur in compatibility mode?
Best response
Ah, I can explain this. Basically, in BYOND 3.0 the output size was always calculated a certain way that actually wasn't correct at all; 10pt text in the output wasn't what 10pt text would look like in any other control. When we switched to the skin system this became hugely obvious, so to keep old games from suddenly suffering from tiny text syndrome I kept the old calculation for output controls, but did it the right way for everything else.

Probably I need some kind of setting that tells the skin to use the right size calculation when the developer has planned for it.
So... What's the correct value to output 12pt (1em) exactly in the output control?

...Awesome. I've been trying to find the exact value, and the font size setting doesn't take decimal values. It's literally impossible to use a size 12 font in output.

...BYOND...