ID:2156749

Astute users will have noticed that there wasn't a release this week. I have a few bug fixes already in play for the next build, and a couple of new features, but much is still in flux.

Development got delayed a little this week for various reasons, one of which was an epic argument my computer had with the newest update of Avast. This involved steadfast refusal of Avast to remember my update settings, followed by a steadfast refusal to start its background service that does all the work. Suffice it to say Avast is dead to me.

Nonetheless I have gotten stuff done. The webclient now supports SEE_PIXELS and SEE_BLACKNESS, and I've added the ability for it to stretch HUD bounds based on icon size--except when TILE_BOUND is used, which as you may recall is a new feature. Today I fixed a bug with HUD positioning in isometric mode, although I'm not 100% convinced I'm out of the woods because I'm seeing some display discrepancies with DS still.

Meanwhile, I had mentioned that gamepad input needed an overhaul. There's a new macro name called GamepadRaw that can send raw input, replacing [[id]] with an item name (Button0 through Button15, Axis0 through Axis11, and Dpad) and [[value]] with a value. I still think I need a way to also say whether a command is the last output for that tick. In addition to this, I need to add some per-game setup support, and that's not done yet. I could save that for the release after next I suppose, but I'll see.

I'm also spinning back up on the web side of things for the webclient, because that's in need of some work. Maybe I can get to a few website ideas shortly.

Fire up your thinking caps for Halloween games, if you haven't already. Cider and donut season is well and truly here. Fun fact: when I was 7 years old I remember writing out pseudocode for a haunted house kind of game, running around and avoiding bats and going in and out of doors, but that was written in BASIC and the computer ran the same CPU as the original NES. That game never went anywhere, but yours could! Do it for 7-year-old me. And don't forget to hit up the donation box or become a Member, for mumblemumble-year-old me.