ID:2156992

Hello people, I already know what you're gonna say but don't. I'm new to port forwarding and hosting, and have signed up with BYONDPanel. I'm overwhelmed at the amount of stuff I have to do, but I just need a little/alot of help lmao.

Firstly, I've uploaded the game I want to host, I just need help setting it up so I can see it on the byond hub and actually play it myself.. if that makes any sense.

Please help me!

EDIT: I need to know what port number I need to use aswell.. I wasn't given any information about it.
Step zero, have a game's executable files. This is a .dmb, usually with an .rsc, and sometimes more files depending on the game.

Step one, forward a port. I use 3000. There are some ports you can't use. Look them up.

Step two, open Dream Daemon.
Step two, part b: select the .dmb that you want to host. Step two, part c: set the port to the one you forwarded. Step two, part d: click the green GO button. This launches a Dream Seeker instance that is connected to your hosted game.

Step three, wait for Dream Daemon to tell you whether or not your game is accessible. If it's not, you probably messed up the port forwarding, or you gave it the wrong port.

Step four, if you want other people to join: click the address in Dream Daemon to copy it, and instant messaging software.
Last message I got from ByondPanel: When you press start on the dashboard it loads the .dmb into DreamDaemon which hosts the game, it's running now I can see. All you need to do is connect to it via Dream Seeker / The BYOND client.

^ I've been trying to do this from the moment I received the message, any help?
Should have added: Im trying to use a SHELL SERVER, not host the game from my PC because im on mobile data, not a static IP address, hence the need for a SHELL.
Did you get this sorted? Or do you still need help?

It's all pretty simple really, the server runs DreamDaemon you upload your files (which you did already) the dashboard will display the file names based off the .dumb file.

Next to the game name is a input box with the heading Port, you can choose one if you wish, otherwise Dream daemon will allocate one for you.

Once you think k you're ready, hit the green tick button to start the game up.

There's a slight delay (a few seconds) when it's starting. The dashboard will now display your game above the files and load CPU/RAM usage.

Now head over to the hub and login or open BYOND and connect to it using your subdomain:port or ip:port

If you need further help, just create a support ticket.

Thanks
Dan
In response to FxckY0uFg7
I was confused. You don't need to forward any ports on your own computer if you're not going to be hosting on it.

The message is telling you that you already got your game to be hosted. You should have been given a link to share that joins the hosted game.
Yeah so was I lol, but I got it sorted. Only problem now is having the game show up on HUB, but I'll find a way to fix that.
FxckY0uFg7 wrote:
Yeah so was I lol, but I got it sorted. Only problem now is having the game show up on HUB, but I'll find a way to fix that.

It should just show up, unless, you put it into invisible mode when starting it or the hub password/address is different to what you have in your code.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
FxckY0uFg7 wrote:

It should just show up, unless, you put it into invisible mode when starting it or the hub password/address is different to what you have in your code.

It's not in invisible mode, and the only thing I changed was the password because I thought it was too easy, is their a way I can force connect it to the hub or is it always automatic?
DreamDaemon handles it all, update your password on the hub and in your code, recompile and upload the .dmb and .rsc files via the file manager and start the game up again.
Its all loading up, thank you so much for all the help guys <3