ID:2157206

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Hey Guys, I have a very simple problem from my pixel art... I made my human player 64x64 (twice the size as a normal player)... So far it's been working good, but with certain verbs, it became an issue... With my Who verb, it said:

Players Online: 2
Player
Coco50Nitty

With my attack verb, it makes me attack myself 50% of the time and attack the enemy the other half of the time.

I'm going to be implementing a drugdealing verb, and I believe there may be some issues with who I sell drugs to.

Is there any way to have a 64x64 character without having him appear as both
Player(default mob) and CKey?

How would I do it?
How are you currently doing it?

We need to see the code that is having problems to understand your problem fully and point you in the right direction.
This is the code for my player, the Who() verb and my Attack() verb, but I don't think there's any problem with my coding, I think it's because I have a Player Character that is 64x64 instead of 32x32...

world
name = "True Life of Crime"
mob = /mob/Player
turf = /turf/Grass

mob
Player
icon = 'Player.dmi'

mob
verb
Who()
set category = "Chat"
var/counter=0
for(var/mob/Player/N in world)
counter+=1
src<<"([N.Level])[N]"// fine tuning into cool bold and red.
src<<"<b>[counter] Players Online"

mob
verb
Attack()
flick("Attack",src) //Play Attack Animation
for(var/mob/M in get_step(src,src.dir))//Get step means move M in 1 step towards direction of src
//for makes it so everyone in front of the attacker becomes an M
var/Damage = max(0,src.Strength-M.Defense) // Max(0,etc) is to make sure the damage isn't negative
view(M) << "[src] hit [M] for [Damage] Damage!" //Displays Attack Message
M.TakeDamage(Damage,src) //Calls TakeDamage proc

Problem: The problem isn't so much that the code doesn't work, it's the fact that the Who() command shows me and (default) Player online and the Attack command attacks me too... I tried making a 32x32 character and there was no issue with the code... I was wondering if there's a better way to have a 64x64 bit character without causing issues with the coding.
Where is this default character coming from?

How are you setting the bounds of the player to be larger than one tile?

I have an answer for you, but i want the whole picture before i touch anything.
The bottom tile is my player and the top tile(Which has no density) is where the default Player is coming from.

I don't know what you mean by setting the bounds.

If your player icon is 64x64 and the world is 32x32, you don't have a top and bottom tile; you have a top left, bottom left, top right, and bottom right.
I just realized that, my bottom-left tile is my active tile, the rest is just the picture of my character... Would it work better if I made my character in overlayers? If so, I was wondering how I would code my character to have a 100% dense body and have the whole character count as 1 mob. (I don't really understand Overlays and I don't know how to code them for a player that you use.
PLEASE show the code for how you are creating your characters and managing their bounding boxes.

I know what you are doing wrong. I just want to see the code that confirms it.
I didn't originally build it with overlays and have no bounding boxes....

The only code I have for my players icon is this:

world
name = "True Life of Crime"
mob = /mob/Player
turf = /turf/Grass
mob
Player
icon = 'Player.dmi'

I manually made my character bigger by changing the icon size when I pixelated it.

If Overlays would work better, I was wondering if you could guide me through that.
Best response
You aren't showing me the part of the code that is broken. Nobody can help you until you actually show the part that's messed up.

Your who verb would not be showing two players unless there were two active player instances in the world. This would have nothing to do with the object having an icon twice the normal size UNLESS you are using an old big icon library, which I suspect you are.