ID:2157314

This is the post to talk about games people actually want. Do you want to see an evolution game, or perhaps more sci-fi genre games? This is the place for you.

what's an evolution game
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
what's an evolution game

A game with upgrades and/or eventual transformations, pretty much. But the more specific version is a game with creatures gaining genetic advances and eventually upgrading to a higher version.

For example, Pokémon is definitely an evolution game.
spore?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
spore?

o_O more a light version, but yes.
Pokemon is not an evolution game. It's actually metamorphosis the creatures in that game undergo - it's most likely just called "evolve" because that's more convenient to say than "metamorphosis".

Similar to how some of the "androids" in the Dragon Ball series weren't androids, but cyborgs.
Hm,true. But this is getting off track.
I feel you should set up some sort of central hub for this. Like, some sort of centralized community, or some sort of network. I feel there's a better term but—gosh darn—it's just escaping me right now.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
I feel you should set up some sort of central hub for this. Like, some sort of centralized community, or some sort of network. I feel there's a better term but—gosh darn—it's just escaping me right now.

Some way to just unite all the games.

By way of placing bounties on peoples heads. I'm not sure what I'd call it either.
It's better to keep things centralized for the purpose intended. COULD become popular enough.
In response to Developous
Developous wrote:
It's better to keep things centralized for the purpose intended. COULD become popular enough.

Perhaps I can create one. Do you have a name for such a project? What could we call a centralized network hub for uniting all games and issuing out death threats? Can't create a project until we have a name for it. Any ideas?
wait whats this where did this come from

Can't you let the nexus die... kor. ME saying that. I make a suggestion and they go ballistic.
In response to Developous
Developous wrote:
Can't you let the nexus die...

I will never let my memes be dreams.
I am building several games all of which are programmed with online multiplayer in mind.

First I have Lost Kingdoms a persistent rpg that is skill based 20 races classes you can see everything you have and wear ect. Craftable Items, Turn turf farmable with rake and plant objects that grow, dye clothing and armor different colors, Players can build houses anywhere and they save to file.

Second I have Gem Mages a game that you pick 1 of 4 elemental mages and you have a huge overworld map that has 10 biomes each with 10 difficulty areas you walk across dragon warrior style until you are sucked into a gem matching game/battle where you match elemental based gems that drop into the screen to get mana in order to cast spells and defeat your encounter.

Third I have The Endless which is a text based MUD game that is fully telnet usable. On my end I use the byond map system to make world building easier to do allowing huge expansion in very little time. I have just about everything you would expect a mud to have but I never use expected mechanics like AD&D stuff. I always use very fine tuned systems that require hours of calculations that I make myself. Limb based damage, skill use progression(always no levels on my games), players can craft everything that they see in the shops without harsh complex acquiring of materials I make it simple and natural caves are near for ore,sheep are around town for wool, trees are everywhere ect.player can edit descriptions for items and create new zones for either housing or just to plow through a forest to connect two roads that they like!

The last one is Will to Live a survival game in a mad max style apocalypse setting, gather parts to make guns, cars. Shelter and food are a thing to work for but not bothersome after devoting time to securing and producing. Procedural generated desertland that the player creates by exploring and is a permenant part of the world with tribal zones, towns and radiation zones with monsters.

Tell me what you think and if anyone wants some screenshots.
In response to Zamargo
Feed us your screenshots here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1911651&page=261

I hunger to see more BYOND game dev.
A Megaman-inspired game extremely similar to Megamman Blue Moon/Red Sun.

Players are humans and can eventually buy themselves a netNavi. They can plug their little digi-friend into their house computer to access the internet, into friends' computers, into home security systems, into random things like vending machines. It'd need both a human world, an internet world, and small instantiated(?) local worlds for those electronics not connected to the internet.

Then there's weapon upgrades and chips you can buy a trade for fights against viruses. I could go on for days, but you get the idea. :)
I made a BN game, this is as far as I got with it.

Would love to make another attempt in the near future, maybe 4 years from now would be nice.
Yooo I loved these GBA games back in the day!