ID:2159653

Morning/Evening/Afternoon!

I have encountered a kinda weird bug. To start I usually play on the Duel Monsters Genesis/Duel Monsters Unlimited servers as I love the card game.

However, yesterday, my client bugged out extremely. I went in as it said "Save file not loaded" and I got a new character. After choosing name, 10 seconds later it would say "Dream Daemon killing connection" in the chat and the game would close. I tried loading it up again and this time the save file was corrupted. After choosing name once again, Dream Daemon killed the connection.

This time when I tried to join, it got stuck on "Connecting..." without progress. After closing that attempt and opening a new one, it just simply said "Connection failed". I tried another one of the servers just to have it fail twice again.

Today, I attempted to join a server a friend hosted, just to have the process repeat. I got a message from said friend asking "how did you crash the server?". This is how I learned what was wrong, that I apparently crashed DMG/DMU servers by just joining them.

Since I am adequate at this level of technology as a can of pickled herring, what is the cause of this?

I highly doubt those servers crashed because of anything odd about your client. I think in the case of the first game, something was wrong with your savefile. In the second, who knows? I doubt there's anything special about your system that caused those.

In any case, servers that experience actual crashes should report them so I can try to figure those things out and prevent future crashes. If they didn't report them, they're not going to see a fix.