ID:2161183

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hello, so yesterday I downloaded Byond onto my recently reset laptop. Now, whenever I try to launch a game it freezes, giving me the not responding message. Attempts to clear the cache result in the Byond downloading resources and then the client closing itself with nothing else happening. Trying to launch the game from the site does nothing at all. Attempting to uninstall and reinstall Byond has not helped. I'm using windows 10, with chrome as my default browser.
Best response
The first thing to do is to make sure you don't have any antivirus or security software interfering. Avast has been particularly bad about this. What security software do you run, and what happens if you try adding all BYOND programs (the entire bin directory) to its exceptions? What happens if you temporarily disable it entirely?
Yeah I'm having the same issue, usually when I try to join an SS13 server, it'll play the ad, and then the DreamSeeker window will say "Not Responding" or it'll just fade away and won't actually load the game but Dreamseeker will still be running in the background.

It's strange because I can join some servers but not others. Also using Windows 10 with Chrome as my default browser.
I've disabled my firewall and anti-virus programs entirely while trying to open some servers and I've still gotten the same result. It's very strange.
Running McAfee, I don't have Avast. Attempted adding the other Byond programs to the exceptions, but it did not help. Neither did turning off the firewall.