ID:2164681

I was curious if anyone has the "Monster GM" Host files... I would greatly Appreciate being able to host this game once more...

http://www.byond.com/games/Grei/MonsterGM

please for the love of god, let someone have the Host Files... I miss this game and being the little orange dragon you start out with :(
Wow, I remember playing that game years ago. Where has the time gone?
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
Wow, I remember playing that game years ago. Where has the time gone?

No Idea, but I really wish to play this game once more... Alot of great BYOND games were lost when the server was moved.
The server move had nothing to do with it, the files were lost when the developers allowed them to be lost, as most of these things were being hosted externally by that point.

Also, On-Topic isn't the place for posts like this, as they're not relating to BYOND itself (the show-off topic is the one exception to this rule). I'm moving it to off-topic.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
The server move had nothing to do with it, the files were lost when the developers allowed them to be lost, as most of these things were being hosted externally by that point.

Also, On-Topic isn't the place for posts like this, as they're not relating to BYOND itself (the show-off topic is the one exception to this rule). I'm moving it to off-topic.

not exactly true. a number of older files were stored on BYOND's servers that were lost when byond moved from "Games.byond.com" to "Byond.com/games" (using the wayback machine to try to download old games somewhat verifies this)
Everything was moved over, however a lot of free files were made inaccessible due to the addition of Membership hosting, there were quite a few cases of people retrieving their files after the fact by request.

Not sure if said files are still backed up anywhere though.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Everything was moved over, however a lot of free files were made inaccessible due to the addition of Membership hosting, there were quite a few cases of people retrieving their files after the fact by request.

Not sure if said files are still backed up anywhere though.

I pray that they were, although I worry that they may be lost forever at this point.

who would be the person to send one of those requests to?
I'm not really sure at this point, I'd imagine they're stored somewhere but I'm sure if it would be something Lummox has access to easily or if it would need to be brought up with Tom.

I'm not sure it's something that would be worth either of their time right now, though.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I'm not really sure at this point, I'd imagine they're stored somewhere but I'm sure if it would be something Lummox has access to easily or if it would need to be brought up with Tom.

I'm not sure it's something that would be worth either of their time right now, though.

recording the history of BYOND is worth every bit of time put into it
make sure when you're recording the history of byond you include me and developous in it

the tale of our efforts to unite all games is one that must be passed down for generations
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
make sure when you're recording the history of byond you include me and developous in it

the tale of our efforts to unite all games is one that must be passed down for generations

I make sure to keep the original Host File name format. which includes Devname.gamename