ID:2168395

My membership had ended a few months ago and I had thought that because I had swapped over to Linux (Ubuntu) that I'd no longer have any interest in the software, and also I was too broke to afford it for those months. Well, I decided to show BYOND some love today and give it my cash while also enjoying the membership status of BYOND I loved.

I have Windows 7 installed on dual-boot on my main computer, but for the most part I'll be learning and using Ubuntu. This means that if I want to get involved again with BYOND I'd need to either boot into Windows, or likely use the Webclient when in Linux. I don't plan on using Windows as a primary OS anymore and I'm getting more and more into the niche of free software. The Linux world basically operates on this premise, and it's great that source code is readily available for download for most projects and software.

I have yet to get Windows-based BYOND working properly on Wine, but things like Dream Maker seem to be okay. There happens to be this 'Your Key is Corrupted' issue that shows up. Wine is very fickle. Anyways, you more or less have another Linux user in your community, and I think that the Linux community in comparison is very minute.
What a waste of money