ID:2171586

Today is Veterens' Day in the US, and Remembrance Day across the pond, so be sure to thank a veteran for their service. This may have been a week for political pundits, but veterans are the real heroes.

Remember how I said I was aiming to get a release out on Monday? Well it was today instead. The whole schedule got thrown off course by issues beyond my control, but I think we're back on track now. I was able to look at a number of outstanding reports, and I managed to fix some, while discovering about half of them couldn't be reproduced. Isn't that always the way? One of the bugs was a last bit of fallout from the pixel gliding change, which means hopefully from here out there won't be any more nasty surprises. I also was able to fix a rather old and odd bug in Dream Maker that didn't manifest properly until now.

I'm still working on the web-side part of the webclient, although that too got pushed off track by the events of this week. However I'm pretty close on that, and the latest 511.1363 build adds in the proper support for a webclient splash screen once that new code is up.

From here it's mostly a matter of buttoning up 511 towards the stable build. I'm hoping to get that done as soon as possible, and already there's a list going for features in 512.

And hey, here's a fun fact: This is the last on-time installment of development news this November. The next two will come early.

The election is finally over. Thank God. Now we're on a downhill run towards the Christmas season, if indeed the music hasn't started already. (Good news: Hickory Farms has bacon cheddar again!) Make sure you have your holiday recipes and plans all in order--but more than that, it's time to get to work on your BYOND Christmas games. While you're at it, don't forget to show some love BYOND's way and become a Member, if you haven't yet, or coerce a friend. Not naming any names, but I know of a few SS13 devs who are still on the naughty list.
I dunno if it's to early to be making our wishlists but,
What I would do for proc chaining and/or accessing a variable from a list reference.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I dunno if it's to early to be making our wishlists but,
What I would do for proc chaining and/or accessing a variable from a list reference.

-_-

Just... give him coal... Lol...
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
-_-
Just... give him coal... Lol...

dm just lost her flare, I just don't feel the same about it as i use to when we were younger, I could only catch glimpses of correct syntax and now our love has grown stale as she refuses to change.
the latest 511.1363 build adds in the proper support for a webclient splash screen once that new code is up.

I've noticed most of the new features are WC only.

Is your focus now purely on browser based games or is there some plans in the works for the desktop?
Actually the new features have been across the board; it's only that in more recent builds I've caught the webclient up with DS in terms of support, since new client features typically go into DS first. I am doing some webclient frontend work lately (the web side of things), but it was overdue.