ID:2172982

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
So two things; Is there anyway to utilize gifs as visuals, for say like a background on a clients screen without completely destroying the game? I set up a hud which included a gif file to show up as a background and my cpu jumps.
My second question is it it possible to edit a windows title bar like make it black for example?
Best response
Animated backgrounds shouldn't present a problem unless they're huge.

No, the title bar colors can't be changed for an individual window; that's built into the OS. You can however make your skin without a titlebar and add that, plus the min/max/close buttons, yourself.
In response to Lummox JR
Are there built in commands for quit, minimize and maximize?
In response to Ghost Gaming
Client-side commands such as these are executed without communicating with the server, so they're unaffected by network or server CPU lag:

Quit: .quit
Minimize: .winset "mainwindow.is-minimized=true"
Maximize: .winset "mainwindow.is-maximized=true"

(replace mainwindow with the window ID)

See the Skin Reference for more information:
http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/skinparams.html#commands
In response to Kaiochao
Thanks
Also, any part of the main window that's directly visible (or at least doesn't interfere with mouse interaction, like an input/map/output control would) can be dragged. So you ought to be able to slap a label at the top of the window and use that as your titlebar.

The one thing the skin editor doesn't give you there is an ability to draw a custom resizable border.
Labels dont seem to let you drag. You can drag from the default background, but adding a label makes that area non-draggable.
In response to Flick
Right, you'd have to disable the label to make it draggable, like with any other control.
Ah, okay. That makes sense. I really haven't done a lot with .dmf interfaces.