ID:2177269

It's a dumb holiday that lures out the stupidest in our society. Natural selection is a beautiful thing, though.
As someone who worked as an e-commerce supervisor of the largest book retailer in the country, I can confirm people are stupid around this time of year. But trust me, Black Friday is only the tip of the iceberg. The real idiocy begins AFTER Black Friday.

For example, the shoppers now might be savage, but at least they are doing their Christmas shopping early. It's the last minute shoppers that give you an aneurysm. One time I'm sitting at my desk and because I told everyone in my department to forward customer complaints to me, I had one bimbo call me literally I think 3 or 4 days before Christmas whining about how crucial it was that she gets the sweater she ordered by the holiday. I can't remember all the details but basically around this time of year, we ALWAYS, in big red bold fucking letters at the TOP OF THE WEBSITE warn our customers of the deadlines to receive their items by Christmas, and it never fails: they will wait until after those deadlines have passed, place their orders, and then blow up our phones and flood the answering machine with messages saying "I JUST PLACED MY ORDER AN HOUR AGO AND WAS WONDERING WHY THAT HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED OUT YET?", "IF I ORDER TODAY, AM I GUNNA GET IT BY CHRISTMAS? I REALLY NEED IT BY CHRISTMAS!!!", and my favorite: "IF I DON'T GET MY ITEM BY THE HOLIDAY I EXPECT A FULL REFUND AND TRUST ME, I WILL BE CHECKING MY BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT EVERYDAY TO MAKE SURE IT WAS REFUNDED."

This is why I had everyone forward the imbeciles to me because they don't have the audacity to tell these retards they're shit out of luck, but me? I'm happy to call them back and ruin their precious holidays by saying "Sorry, we posted the deadlines at the top of the website, it's now past the deadline, this is what happens when you wait 3 days before Christmas to order something, so you can either just keep the item whenever it comes or send it back to us for a refund." I remember one time I was checking voicemails and some inbred left a message at like, 12:30 AM ( our store doesn't even stay open that late, in fact, MOST STORES DON'T ) and he's like "Yeah, I was calling because, uh, I placed an order and accidentally ordered the wrong thing and I need to get this corrected and shipped out in time for Christmas... hello?...HELLO?...Oh, it's the answering machine. Of course it is. ASSHOLES."

Because apparently it's my fault you're ordering Christmas sweaters a few days before Christmas, at 12:30AM when our store is closed and we can't assist you, and BTW, calling me or anyone else in my department an "asshole" is a surefire way to not receive a call back so enjoy your incorrect item, dipshit. Merry Christmas!
Agreed.
I think the idea is pretty stupid.

However, I love to stand in lines for Black Friday openings because I don't want to be alone this year.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
I think the idea is pretty stupid.

However, I love to stand in lines for Black Friday openings because I don't want to be alone this year.

NOPE, NOPE! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PROMISE TO BUY PEOPLE GIFTS WITH YOUR "INSANE MONEY"? WHY DID YOU EDIT THAT OFF? PUT IT BACK! YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS ONE THAT EASY! HERE'S MY CHRISTMAS LIST BRAH:

I expect a Corvette, the Bounty Hunter figure, Misa Kitara digital guitar, and Liv Boeree delivered to my front door by this afternoon. Failure to comply with these demands will result me forwarding your admission of guilt to the FBI. Hashtag blackmail.
I can probably work two of those things.
I said I expect all four.

Don't defy me. You know what I'm capable of.

Disappointment.
You already have me, bby. <33