ID:2179084

Not a bug
BYOND Version:511.1364
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 50.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
I tried opening one of my older projects in Dream Maker, and I got an error saying that it was in use by another application.

I restarted the computer, and I still get the error.

http://puu.sh/syTv1/e1f16b8df5.png

I don't know if its just this version, but I was able to load the game like 2 months ago on an older version (I haven't loaded it since then.)

edit: I also downloaded Process Explorer, and it said no program is using that file. I still get that error when I try to load it in Dream Maker, though.
Look for any .lk files in your project directory and delete them.
There are no .lk files in my project directory. ^^;
download process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ processexplorer.aspx and use it's "find handle" feature to find what program is has that file open.
no programs have that file open

btw I meant Dream Maker (the topic originally said dream seeker)
Aah, I extracted the files again (I reformatted my computer awhile ago, but I had the files backed up in a zip file) and I still get the dme "in use by another application" error.. I can send the files to someone if it helps.
This could be a permission issue. The "file in use by another application" message is generated in Dream Maker, and it may not necessarily be an accurate reflection of the problem. Is it possible that the file simply doesn't have the right permissions?

The fact that you put your development dir under Program Files is problematic, and that would explain your permission issue. (Right up until I got this new machine, I had my BYOND stuff all under the Program Files dir myself. I have since reorganized, because newer Windows versions are more paranoid about permissions.) I would suggest making a directory elsewhere on your computer called BYOND Projects or something (under My Documents might be a good idea), and move all your projects there. Then be sure to take ownership of all the files you've moved.
Oh, that worked. Thanks for your help. :D
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)