ID:2180715

I've been hosting a game which I bought the ownership of, but some people have been having problems connecting to it. When they try to connect it says Connection Closed, and the only way to fix it is to download the same client as the person who is hosting it has. How can i fix this?
There are obvious instances when the client has to be up-to-date to play a game. You'll have to be more specific about what's happening, what versions are in play, and other steps you've taken.
and the only way to fix it is to download the same client as the person who is hosting it has.

You are going to explain what you mean by this in more detail, what do you mean by client, can you give us an example of one that does and doesn't work.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
You are going to explain what you mean by this in more detail

Well, the only version of BYOND that works to connect to the gane is 510.1347. Say 506 or 511 would not work.
Download v511. Recompile and host. For 506 is probably too outdated and the opposite for 511.
^
http://www.byond.com/download/

Download the newest BETA client off BYOND(511.1365), copy & paste your source over to a new folder to avoid any potential complications(Backups are important), compile your source and then your problem should be solved.