ID:2183897

If you have a real In life job share a description, maybe even show some pictures of what you do ^_^.

I'll Start: I am a mixtures of things you can say, i burn art into wood glass knifes plates mirror cups all sorts of things then i turn it into profit at fairs online stores etc etc the company is small called Razors Edge there is about 10 of us right now lol not much of a company i know but we are growing slowly ^_^.

Pics:

have you done any designs on swords
Coolest job i had was being a machine operator for Beretta. I manufactured, assembled, and gauged gun barrels and hand grips for the Beretta Pico handgun and i did the same for commercial and military issue Beretta M9 handguns (which are standard issue in the US military). Lost the job when the company moved to TN.

And for anyone curious, yes the military issued weapons were "better" than commercial. I'll upload pictures later maybe.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
have you done any designs on swords

I only have done 1 sword and the design was a rose. Most people around here Rather have knifes.
i do tech support/web dev for a college part of a research university
I'm a Lawn & Garden associate for Walmart. I lift bags of soil all day.
I program DM. Really, it's what I do for a living.

... hence why I don't eat daily :)
In response to Kumorii
Never thought id meet someonline that work for Beretta that didn't just sell there stuff. If you got pics of what it was like on the inside that be awesome.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
I'm a Lawn & Garden associate for Walmart. I lift bags of soil all day.

Just wondering, what do you do in winter/when it snows. When there is no soil to lift.
In response to DistantWorld101
We mark down all of our lawn/garden merchandise and make way for seasonal (mostly Christmas) items. If you walk into any Walmart Garden Center right now it'll be lots of Christmas lights, ornaments, and trees. Our patio area where the soil was previously is filled with bicycles.
In response to LordAndrew
Oh ok. I was just wondering because maybe your in a place you don't get snow lol. I didn't wanna assume. But that totally makes sense.
Yut Put wrote:
i live off of byond games LOL

Nadrew wrote:
I program DM. Really, it's what I do for a living.

... hence why I don't eat daily :)

are you and Nandrew living together O<O.
Was a Web developer now a software engineer for a large international company.

Mainly working in java/grails/groovy.
In response to DistantWorld101
DistantWorld101 wrote:
Never thought id meet someonline that work for Beretta that didn't just sell there stuff. If you got pics of what it was like on the inside that be awesome.

It was grimy and dirty. I have a couple pictures on my phone. I'll get them for you soon.

In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
DistantWorld101 wrote:

It was grimy and dirty. I have a couple pictures on my phone. I'll get them for you soon.

Did you ever sneak one of the guns into your underwear and go home with it so you could exercise your constitutional right to arm bears?
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
DistantWorld101 wrote:

Did you ever sneak one of the guns into your underwear and go home with it so you could exercise your constitutional right to arm bears?

Wait that means you can have a Gun! i always thought that meant you can have Bear arms.

I used to be a manager at a gas station. I worked insane hours, was always on the road, and never got to see my family.

This year I moved my family from our house to a 2-bedroom department. I got a job frying chicken at Walmart; I'm a lot less stressed and a lot happier. I'm trying to follow in Yut Put's footsteps - make a single player game for Steam and live off that.
I workerino as a e-commerce supervisor at a B&N that also serves as a bookstore for a university ( so in addition to regular customers, we also deal with a bunch of students, athletes, and professors ).

Basically, our store sells clothing, books, electronics, etc. and when any of those purchases happen through our website, our "online" department takes care of it. I'm in charge of that department. I train new employees, assign them tasks, schedule them and answer any questions they may have. Because I'm supervisor of the online department, we have the most lit department in the store. I play music, print out memes and tape them to the doors, we roast each other, and still get our work done. Sometimes employees from other departments come back into our work area and say "I wish I worked in online" or "can I transfer to this department?"

Whenever I don't have anyone to train, boss around, or schedule, I handle the bulk of the phone calls and emails we get - so customer complaints, returns, resolving UPS issues, etc. I also have to attend management meetings, count money from time to time ( which I'm terrible at BTW ), and manage offsite events too. Offsite events are the best. The university has its baseball draft ceremony whatever things at Omni Hotel, which is freaking beautiful:

When I was still a temporary employee, I used to volunteer to go to offsite events which is why now as a supervisor I'm usually one of the first people assigned to go manage the event ( because I have a lot of experience doing it now ). It's a nice change of pace, I get to look at awesome interior design the entire day and get free food.

The downsides to this job are stress and insane hours that come along with management positions ( as Unwanted pointed out ). Especially during holiday season, we get bombarded with hundreds upon hundreds of orders - it goes 0 to 100 real quick. I remember one day there was so much shit happening at once and I was just sitting at my computer like

My brain simply shut off and I couldn't form a thought anymore. I had to go run down to Starbucks and get one of those "refreshers" so I could think properly again.

Another thing that makes the job suck sometimes is upper management. We have two "store managers" - one has a brain and she's cool for the most part. However, the boss over her is the problem. She's a morbidly obese drug addict who has no idea what she's doing and basically has no reason for existing. Almost every time she opens her mouth, she just depletes the brain cells of whoever is listening. She never takes suggestions and she's mastered the art of complicating things that don't need to be complicated. Example: Every year during Christmas, my department becomes the busiest. Despite this, the boss sets up a "gift wrapping table" and demands that someone from MY department man it the entire day. Like, I can go up to textbooks department and see workers just standing around doing jackshit and when I tell her "Can't we just send one of those guys down to man the gift wrapping table?", she's like "No, every department is busy. I need my textbooks employees in textbooks."

BULLSHIT. But wait, it gets so much better. One of the chicks I sent to work the gift wrapping table, Melissa, was out there for hours at one point. Before I left for the day, I went out there to check on her. When I asked her how many customers she wrapped gifts for, she looked at me with this disappointed expression on her face and said "two". She stood at a god damn wrapping table for at least 4 hours and only TWO CUSTOMERS EVER WANTED THEIR GIFTS WRAPPED. At that point, I just fucking lost it. I was so pissed off, I ran back to my computer and sent an email out to every manager in the store basically saying online department is no longer wrapping anyone's gifts. I will not be sending any of my employees to go stand for hours doing nothing and if the customers want their gifts wrapped, they can wrap it themselves.

BUT PLEASE STAY WITH ME, IT GETS EVEN BETTER BRO. The next day, boss comes down to my department basically asking me why so many orders hadn't been processed yet.

I said "it's because I had to send one of my best workers out to stand at the gift wrapping table for 4 hours, during which she only helped two customers." I can't even remember what she said after that because she's the type of nincompoop that requires you to just smile and nod. Nothing she ever says is relevant, you just have to let her feel like she's in control and then just do the opposite of whatever she told you as soon as she leaves. So she waddled back out of the department and a few hours later the gift wrapping table was gone. All she does is run around driving people crazy. She doesn't realize the store would run much smoother if she would just come to work, lock herself in her office and never come out.

But yeah, that's my job.

I also work part-time as Frog Chieftan of the Nexian High Council but I can't disclose too many details about that at this time... it would jeopardize the goals Developous and I have worked so hard for so many years to achieve... rest assured all games will be united in the near future... believe it...
Reading this with a smile on my face like

Except imagine a white guy in a blue polo but basically that is all I do at work is steal food and pretend I give a fuck.

Going from monthly incentive-based bonuses to quarterly kind of sucks, especially considering our quarterly bonus is smaller than my monthly was, but when you consider time worked / salary I actually make more an hour frying shit food for fat people.
That's the best part about food service jobs - the food. Before this job, I was washing dishes at the same university and their dining center was awesome. There's no need to leave and go to Wendys or McDonald's or even bring your own lunch - all the food you could need is right there. I mean like literally everything. We had a grill station where you can get your standard stuff like burgers, hot dogs, etc. then a wok station where they cooked Asian dishes - rice, sesame chicken, chopped steak, etc., also had a pizza area with a brick oven, a salad bar, I'm probably forgetting some things because it's been a while but yeah. We were ranked #4 in the nation as far as university dining service goes.
Page: 1 2