ID:2184648

Due to a change in my network it's near impossible to decently play SS13 now since movement is extremely un-precise with 70-150ms ping, with it being impossible to move a single tile, instead byond moves me 2-3 tiles from a single keypress.

Is there any settings/programs etc I can change to allow my client to handle my highish ping any better?

OS - Arch Linux 64bit
Wine - 1.9.23-staging

Also to note this happens on just about every server/codebase I could find.
Nothing is going to fix your network issues, because they're probably a problem with your ISP. (Or, if the change you mentioned is something you did yourself, then that would likely be the cause.)

If it's your ISP that's screwing up your connection, I suggest contacting them to try and find out what went wrong and why you have such high ping times to everything. Try pinging some big sites like Google and Amazon, too, for comparison, and see if you can get some numbers that help demonstrate the problem.

If you recently installed a new router or security software or such, then that would seem to be the issue. If so, perhaps you should try reverting back and seeing if the problem goes away; if it does, that's an indication the new equipment or software is faulty.