Eternity

by Falacy
Action Adventure MMO
ID:2184989

Game's interesting, so far. I like the implementation.

The map view is somewhat broken, it repeats ~1/8 of the view for some reason. Combat also seems somewhat unresponsive; I think it may just be the delay between switching between things such as Attack and Guard.

I'm enjoying exploring the game's mechanics so far, though. The overall system's fairly impressive in terms of scope. Will definitely continue to watch this game.
Aye aye aye, you got my 50$ for lifetime sub, I want that shit back. And yea a big problem Bleach eternity had was the fact it was so damn slow melee wise, you literally just attack 6 times then stop. The game itself is renovative and a fresh idea to what byond has to offer. But for the time being,this game is just sooooo damn slow combatually, to where you get bored of the combat before you're bored of the game.

Byond's Gangsta
Medicator wrote:
Game's interesting, so far. I like the implementation.

The map view is somewhat broken, it repeats ~1/8 of the view for some reason. Combat also seems somewhat unresponsive; I think it may just be the delay between switching between things such as Attack and Guard.

I'm enjoying exploring the game's mechanics so far, though. The overall system's fairly impressive in terms of scope. Will definitely continue to watch this game.

Not sure what you mean about the map? Screenshot?

Rod5 wrote:
Aye aye aye, you got my 50$ for lifetime sub, I want that shit back. And yea a big problem Bleach eternity had was the fact it was so damn slow melee wise, you literally just attack 6 times then stop. The game itself is renovative and a fresh idea to what byond has to offer. But for the time being,this game is just sooooo damn slow combatually, to where you get bored of the combat before you're bored of the game.

It's because this game is 5+ years old and still loads the non-automated sub list, it'll be updated at some point. As for combat being slow, I don't know if the pacing will change much, but I might overhaul it to be non-level-based.

Yut Put wrote:
BYOND is stupid tbh

why can't you just make a Unity game

Your original question is easy to answer, why waste all the old work? That edited quote is better, and harder to answer.
Aye ay eaye, Yut put you my boy, but don't be hatin on my Boy Falacy. He is hands down my favorite developer on Byond and he deserved that title. This game is far from bad, and like the old fan base of this game knows, this game should just be updated more and will reach it's desired playerbase as long as Falacy sticks to it this time around.

And by slow pace I meant like speed of attacking, its just so damn slow. Like, even if you get the 6 hit combo, you still have ot hit 6 times, then you stop. You just stop abrumptly and then go back into the same rinse and repeat with no solid reason to change things up.
Byond's Gangsta
Play Boxiverse if you want to see what BYOND isn't capable of. Runs at a blazing fast 20 FPS, and is still rampant with performance issues and an impossible lack of features. I don't know what clunkiness you're referring to in this game, exactly, but it works well for me, and is far above the standards of the non-games that make up BYOND, even being 5+ years old.
Its impossible to make a smooth game on BYOND. world.fps is capped by multiple factors, there is no interpolation, playing online is guaranteed to be at least 2x choppier than hosting locally, hosting locally has its own performance issues, plus it uses sprites which generally only animate at a blazing 10 FPS, then because everything is server-side, sooner or later your server caps out at a relatively small population.

Also, this re-skin was made 5+ years ago, its not exactly a new project, just being hosted again.