ID:2185522

BYOND Version:511.1365
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 50.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Game running in fullscreen is treated as a tabbed out game, performance wise.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I made a new source, added fullscreen support and then experienced serious framerate changes. When I went back to the old non-fullscreen source, it played as usual.

I then removed the lines of code from the new source and the game went back to playing as usual.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
        winset(src,"default","is-maximized=true")
winset(src,"default","Titlebar=false")
winset(src,"default","Title=false")
winset(src,"default","menu=false")
winset(src,"default","can-resize=false")

Expected Results:
For performance to run as usual.
Actual Results:
I believe the game was treated as if it were tabbed out. I had this happen before, like if a skype message appeared my framerate would drop drastically and then pop back up when either the message bubble left or if I clicked my client.

Basically any notification that pops up over dream seeker results in severe drops in fps until I either click dream seeker or the notification goes away. Although in this forced maximized view, the fps is constitently poor.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.
In other games?
I don't think so.
In other user accounts?
N/A
On other computers?
No other computers to test.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When I remove the fullscreen code.

Workarounds:
Maximizing my window manually.

"Newest beta" isn't a version number, please provide the full version number you're using.
Yeah I was pretty tired when I wrote this. I see now how that could be misleading in the future. I'll update the version number now.
//winset(src,"default","Titlebar=false")
//winset(src,"default","Title=false")
//winset(src,"default","can-resize=false")

Commenting out these 3 resulted in no lag. Still, I can't have a full screen game.
BYOND doesn't have a true fullscreen mode, and all windowed DirectX games suffer a performance loss when something overlays on top of them. I don't know if there's any way to control that.

Moved this to Bug Reports, BTW, because while you saw it on the beta it's not specific to the beta. I'm not sure it's actually a bug either, but we'll go through it.
Yeah I don't think it'd be specific to the beta either; Good call!

Out of curiosity, I tried playing Nother(another full screen BYOND game) and didn't notice the same issue. Although that game hides my taskbar on startup whereas mine does not.(How do I even do that? I could see if that fixes the problem)

I also did some more testing:
winset(src,"default","Titlebar=false")
winset(src,"default","Title=false")
winset(src,"default","can-resize=false")

Having everything here enabled actually runs the game fine until I tab in/out. After minimizing/maximizing the game, the frame rate drastically goes down. Although if I use the workaround and keep the titlebar/canresize intact, there is no change in fps.

I also noticed that my task bar can properly disappear with everything enabled, but only after I've minimized/maximized the client.