ID:2186348

I'm trying to make a blind spot cone that'll do the following:

-------------------------------/+\
------------------------------/+++\
-----------------------------/+++++\

* = player
+ = inside the cone
/\ = edges

The cone itself actually represents what the player *cannot* see. I want any mob that enters this cone fully (not at the edges) to be invisible to the player. Any items or turfs in the cone are able to be seen, but there is an image over them that signifies to the player that this is their blind spot (current working solution is a black shading).

Would I be able to do this with a map-sized image that follows the player around and is deleted and re-rendered every time the player changes directions?
And I figure I could make the player's "blind spot" just a set of coords on them that changes when they change direction (or when anything happens that changes their peripheral vision) and if a mob is within any of those .x or .y coords, they'd be invisible.
I did come up with a solution, by the way. I'm going to have a screen-sized image sprite where just under half of it is transparent and the rest is of requisite size to darken where the player's "blind spot" is.
You could probably use the method used in http://byond.com/hub/Nadrew/LightingTest and just make the circle graphic into the cone shape you're looking for.