ID:2186407

Hello Readers! Well, the snow has finally stuck around longer than a day for us closer to the northern border, which translates into shoveling the driveway every other day. Yut Put is seeking BYOND games to be nominated for BYOND Game of the Year, so if you finished a game in 2016, head on over here to submit your nomination!

BYOND

Lummox JR has been working to release BYOND 511 as the newest stable build, but a hang up was found on computers that have multiple, switchable graphic cards. New code should help in the interim. Apart from a number of bug fixes, he has been compiling a list of features he would like to see in BYOND 512. Money makes for a great motivator however, and has pushed him towards expanding the flexibility of BYOND's subscription system.

BYOND Games

Nother, quite possibly the first Steam exclusive game made with BYOND, is now available on Steam for $15.00! In this game produced by Ryzal Games (AKA Yut Put), players decide their own path in this non-conforming RPG where death is lurking around every corner and secret loot is awaiting discovery.

Pixel Realms held an open beta test for Severed World two week ago, giving testers a chance to explore the whimsical world found in the Greenlit game. It looks like the link is still live, so give the game a try and send the developers your feedback!

Sigrogana Legend 2 has a new archery mini-game! Find an archery target to practice your skill with. A whole collection of furniture (some of which can now be rotated) has been restocked for various merchants. Additionally blunt weapons can now be brought into the arena.

Exentriks Gaming found something to be thankful for a day after Turkey day, as his Greenlight campaign was successfully in getting Transcend Greenlit! He goes on to speak about his mission and goals for the game, which follows the adventure of a spirit warrior though the Spirit Realm.

As the collegiate semester wraps up, Kidpaddle45 anticipates more development on Kaizoku, a pirate RPG. Boats now move around in the water seamlessly and smoothly, allowing them to be fully interactive with the environment. Just watch out for rough waters and high seas! Follow the game's development on their forum page.

Aetheria by Starborn910 now has some new content to explore. The Nameless Trail and Mountain Ale are both ready for discovery, and many new quests are needed to be completed. Stat adjustments may justify new playing strategy, but at least players can relog readily.

Mecha Destroyer JD made a series of updates to Fallen Legends, improving movement to be less jittery, fixing bugs, and modifying battles to be more difficult. The update also contains dialogue for an upcoming town.

Inutaishos has been hard at work revamping Azusa: The Olympians War. A lot of content has been covered over the last two development logs, from the revamps in the battle system and the cliffs adding an aspect of height to the maps, which have all been redone. The introduction has recreated, subscribers can host servers, death is not the end, and a whole lot more!

Flame Guardian has put out a call for Beta Testers for Beware of the Weredude, a player versus player survival game that has grown and improved from the version initially released for this year's Game in a Day contest. Follow the links to his Twitter, Skype, and Discord channel for chat and more details.

Epoch received an update in celebration of Nother's launch. Ryzal Games pushed a number of updates to the prequel, including full screen and gamepad support, fixed controls and HUD elements, and added a new area, appropriately named, Nother.

A whole slew of developments have been happening with Feed over the past few weeks (although rumor has it the game's primary developer may be on hiatus to deal with some life complications) Ranging from interface enhancements and new maps, to new enemies, and plenty of other tweaks. New sound effects have bullets whizzing and weather now needs forecasted. Character savefiles are on the radar, and the super secret project is still a secret.

Thanks for the mention buddy! Hopefully it'll draw in some more testers. I'm especially going to need some once I start development on the next few maps which need 7+ players each.

Keep up the good work =)
Give us an option to opt out of these messages.
I wont donate any more to byond untill this simple feature is added.
In response to Supernoodles13
Supernoodles13 wrote:

Lummox said he was getting to that right after the blogs are finished.
You spelled "Sigrogana" wrong. Come on Higo. If you're going to keep making mistakes like this, I'm going to have to respectfully request to opt out of these notifications.

[edit] You even spelled "border" wrong in the second sentence! SERIOUSLY?
Supernoodles13 wrote:

This literally doesn't do anything to you besides notify you of things happening in the community, and in the least obtrusive way. It spins the logo at the top of the site or it plays a sound in the pager, big deal. If you aren't going to be a positive addition then why bother being a negative one? I just don't understand people like you. You don't have to donate because I'll donate/gift memberships to make up for you lot.
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
You don't have to donate because I'll donate/gift memberships to make up for you lot.

I would like to opt out of this membership you just bought me if possible. Thanks in advance.
I would like to opt out of opting out please.
Mickemoose wrote:
Supernoodles13 wrote:

This literally doesn't do anything to you besides notify you of things happening in the community, and in the least obtrusive way. It spins the logo at the top of the site or it plays a sound in the pager, big deal. If you aren't going to be a positive addition then why bother being a negative one? I just don't understand people like you. You don't have to donate because I'll donate/gift memberships to make up for you lot.

Amen.
Canada: population 1
Gotta love Dem Canadians
Please don't say "Canadian". That's a micro-aggression.

The correct term is "Canadan". We don't call people from America "Americanians". We don't call people from Alakasa "Alaskanian". People from Canada are not "Canadian", they are "Canadans". When you make the mistake, correct yourself and move on. It's your responsibility, not mine.
Mickemoose wrote:
Supernoodles13 wrote:

Doesnt change the fact that I would radther not see these messages. And I dont see how im being a negative addition. Im simply asking for a simple feature that for some reason keeps being ignored. It's not like im the first person to ask for this.

Oh and good luck donating enough to cover everybody else.
Supernoodles13 wrote:
Mickemoose wrote:
Supernoodles13 wrote:

Doesnt change the fact that I would radther not see these messages. And I dont see how im being a negative addition. Im simply asking for a simple feature that for some reason keeps being ignored. It's not like im the first person to ask for this.

You've been posting the exact same thing on every "Within BYOND" topic. You've had your moment of attention and Lummox said he'll look into it as it's not as easy as you may believe. Now move on.

On another note, thanks for the mention! :)
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Supernoodles13 wrote:
Mickemoose wrote:
Supernoodles13 wrote:

You've been posting the exact same thing on every "Within BYOND" topic. You've had your moment of attention and Lummox said he'll look into it as it's not as easy as you may believe. Now move on.

On another note, thanks for the mention! :)

Ill keep posting it on each post. If you dont care wether you get these posts or not then you can simply ignore my posts.
Yut Put wrote:
aspernoodle69

Ok this honestly made me laugh, I realise this was supposed to be an insult but I just cant look at it without laughing. Thanks a bunch :)

I think the BYOND Community should have a vote on Within BYOND #'s it would make the list much more hard to get on. Maybe 5 at the most. Competition is what we need to inspire the community to work harder.
In response to Solstice Entertainment
Solstice Entertainment wrote:
I think the BYOND Community should have a vote on Within BYOND #'s it would make the list much more hard to get on. Maybe 5 at the most. Competition is what we need to inspire the community to work harder.

Dude makes a good point.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Solstice Entertainment wrote:

Dude makes a good point.

I agree! The thing with Within BYOND is that it still doesn't feel very official. Game's being featured should be more on the front-page. THAT would really help and create competition!
yut got 2 games onto steam in a short amount of time and made thousands of dollars.

why aint that enough to "inspire" and "create competition"?

Page: 1 2 3