ID:2186878

How in the hell do you report servers where the host should not be allowed to host?

Such as [RU/ENG] Fallout 13 - Under Soviet Protection - Regular Updates - High RP.....

High RP my ass by the way, thats an excuse. They want people to play right and hard with HIGH RP so they can kill you with NO RP and not have to do any work themselves. Call them out and you get banned, kill an admin or admins friends, get banned. Classic kids.

Anyway... servers such as rape servers, child rape servers, servers with hackers who break federal and international laws stealing information, making rules only so they can take advantage of the few people who follow them so they can feel good about being psychotic pieces of crap? Servers with hosts that lie.

This shit shouldnt be allowed and Im blaming Byond directly for my child being raped in a Space Station 13 Fallout mod. Im blaming them for stealing and hacking personal info, they had my CHILDRENS NAMES and said FUCK YOUR KIDS IN OOC AFTERWARD!. Byond host these hosts, they have to be held responsible. If you help a rapist, you too are a rapist Byond.

I want action taken or ill simply sue. Think a jury wont reward millions of dollars to a 6 and 12 year old who were captured and exposed to disgusting rape images and text? Yeah, I think I have your fucking number there.

You need a place for these to be reported, you need enforcement on making sure as well. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE BYOND! You can not say WE DIDNT KNOW! ITS YOUR GAME PLATFORM, YOU HAVE CONSEQUENCES TOO!
BYOND doesn't police in-game actions, it's up to the developers of the games to do so. If there's nothing offending on the game listing then there's not much to be done on our end.

BYOND does not host these servers, nor does it control who can host them.

BYOND is an engine to create games, the hub is simply a list of live servers, beyond that we don't monitor or moderate content. There's no way we could.
That is unacceptable Nadrew.

Did you not read what he typed? His child was RAPED IN SPACE STATION 13. What do you think the jury will say when you're in court saying you did nothing to prevent the raping of a child in Space Station 13?

You know what? There's no point in even discussing this with you. Bottom line is, he's got your fucking number. He has an army of lawyers standing by waiting to take this issue before a judge and I hope you have millions of dollars because that's how much you're going to be sued for. God damn biased BYOND Nazi mod rapists, your day is coming.
In response to Ter13
@Ter13

lol xD

@SpyderVenom
It's kinda surprising how often this crap comes up. There's just no way BYOND can regulate all the games it's dev's make. That would require resources and authority they simply do not have.

Bad admins and staff are on the game owner.
BYOND has no affiliation with individual game servers. What servers allow as far as content and behavior is entirely up to them, and is something BYOND has no ability to police. If you want to complain to someone, try the host of that server. If they are unresponsive, the next step would be to contact their ISP.

I think at a minimum, servers that have adult content should have a disclaimer right after joining so people who don't belong there can make an informed decision. But again that's in-game content.

I haven't heard any credible reports of anyone doing any actual hacking in these servers, BTW. I have however seen ample evidence that the average player is way too lax with their info. That's undoubtedly all that happened here, although it's hard to say more when the only information at hand is presented through the fog of hyperbole.

If you want to contact the host, I would suggest getting in touch with SS13's Reddit community. A lot of folks there aren't happy about these servers either, and may be able to give you more info about who to talk to. But my primary advice would be to always be vigilant about what your kids do online, and make them aware of the dangers of sharing even seemingly innocuous info. And frankly, below a certain age I think any SS13 server at all is inappropriate, but that isn't my call to make. If nothing else, make sure to keep an eye on what goes on and if one server turns out to be a hot mess, the easiest response is to stop going there.

Also remember, this is the Internet. The typical gamer you'll run into is either a badly behaved, ill-supervised teenager, or a college student who was recently the same. Most of what you're descibing, content included, is all a result of the sheer rank immaturity of many players. They're not all bad eggs of course, but you have to expect a bunch of players are.
SpyderVenom wrote:
How in the hell do you report servers where the host should not be allowed to host?

Such as [RU/ENG] Fallout 13 - Under Soviet Protection - Regular Updates - High RP.....

High RP my ass by the way, thats an excuse. They want people to play right and hard with HIGH RP so they can kill you with NO RP and not have to do any work themselves. Call them out and you get banned, kill an admin or admins friends, get banned. Classic kids.

Anyway... servers such as rape servers, child rape servers, servers with hackers who break federal and international laws stealing information, making rules only so they can take advantage of the few people who follow them so they can feel good about being psychotic pieces of crap? Servers with hosts that lie.

This shit shouldnt be allowed and Im blaming Byond directly for my child being raped in a Space Station 13 Fallout mod. Im blaming them for stealing and hacking personal info, they had my CHILDRENS NAMES and said FUCK YOUR KIDS IN OOC AFTERWARD!. Byond host these hosts, they have to be held responsible. If you help a rapist, you too are a rapist Byond.

I want action taken or ill simply sue. Think a jury wont reward millions of dollars to a 6 and 12 year old who were captured and exposed to disgusting rape images and text? Yeah, I think I have your fucking number there.

You need a place for these to be reported, you need enforcement on making sure as well. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE BYOND! You can not say WE DIDNT KNOW! ITS YOUR GAME PLATFORM, YOU HAVE CONSEQUENCES TOO!

is this real?
In response to Mickemoose
is this real?

Who knows.
In response to Ter13
bahahahahahaha
In response to EmpirezTeam
You are right, in no way could this be unacceptable.

I'm glad you were able to put my thoughts into words, because, quite frankly, I'm too emotional to even type this.

The EXPOSING of children TO THINGS such as mentioned above, ON THE INTERNET OF ALL THINGS , can not continue to happen. We need a police task force on the interwebs to find these freaks and arrest them in their SLIMEY homes.

I hope this man is able to sue BYOND for millions and end this whole catastrophe involving the exposition of adult materials to people under the age of 18 and also these mean words that were exchanged.

The internet needs to be a safe space, which is why Bernie Sanders 2016 is my choice for President.

#NotMyPresident
#TrumpIsPutinsPuppet
#Hands2small2buildTHEwall
In response to Greggreg31
Greggreg31 wrote:
You are right, in no way could this be unacceptable.

I'm glad you were able to put my thoughts into words, because, quite frankly, I'm too emotional to even type this.

The EXPOSING of children TO THINGS such as mentioned above, ON THE INTERNET OF ALL THINGS , can not continue to happen. We need a police task force on the interwebs to find these freaks and arrest them in their SLIMEY homes.

I hope this man is able to sue BYOND for millions and end this whole catastrophe involving the exposition of adult materials to people under the age of 18 and also these mean words that were exchanged.

The internet needs to be a safe space, which is why Bernie Sanders 2016 is my choice for President.

#NotMyPresident
#TrumpIsPutinsPuppet
#Hands2small2buildTHEwall

You will never be as cool as EmpirezTeam, so quit trying
Don't listen to him, Greg. Follow your dreams. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't become an EmpirezTeam with hard work and determination. Anything is possibru.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Thank you,
That mean's a lot to me.

This is why we need safe spaces, this man has OFFENDED ME.