ID:2187659

Since you can't render 2 separate areas on a single client if you're wanting to achieve split-screen functionality you could have a second map and simply use a dumby mob on the real map and render its location yourself on the second map by looping through the tiles and such.

Just a thought.
edit: ofc for tile-based instead of pixel movement :P, maybe.
You can't have two areas but you can have two images attached to the area.
You can't render 2 maps/areas on a single client ofc, dunno what you mean by the images tho.
I'd imagine you would need images to render all of the things the other player would normally see. For example, spells that are cast on enemies, and enemies themselves.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
You can't render 2 maps/areas on a single client ofc, dunno what you mean by the images tho.

He means one map at double horizontal resolution, with two images in it, one left and one right. Player one and Player two. Effectively having two players on one client, with one map.

Then I guess you'd build that image dynamically just like you suggested except using images instead of a second map.
What you could do create a duplicate of all objects in the world. Player 1 can see the originals and player 2 can only see the duplicates. (My visibility code would allow this)

When player 1 moves it works as normal. When player 2 moves he actually stands still and instead all the duplicate objects move around him.

That should give the desired effect.