The River Country

by Cited
The River Country
A Mature Roleplay set during the end of the Sengoku Jidai
ID:2187886

Eastern Trade Outpost

Hello everyone, particularly those who have taken an interest in The River Country. I hope you are all well, nonetheless.

With the holiday period afoot, I am looking to do a Soft-Launch of The River Country so potential members may experience the world and quell their nerves on whether or not The River Country will be an official and dedicated roleplay world. For me, this Soft-Launch would allow me to test the capabilities of the world and remove elements that are not needed.

Map Preview

As a little update, I have now completed the map. Or, I have now completed the main and initial map. Originally it was decided to only include one settlement in The River Country. However, two will now be included so as to stir roleplay and encourage politics as the world progresses. Minor hamlets for merchants and such are also present.

Mima-Saka, the River Country's economical centre

Currently, the larger northern settlement is Kaga, as described in SETTINGS.
The southern settlement is Mima-Saka, but it is technologically more advanced and city-like than Kaga, which should be seen as more traditional. In general, the map reflects the beautiful and lushness of a fictional country that is surrounded by rivers. I have also decided to include a number of nameless bridges so characters can shape the world through roleplay - perhaps a large battle took place on one bridge, so perhaps that can be it's name.

Eastern Crossing

The First Season of the The River Country will see characters vying to establish a Shinobi Village, Samurai government or such (it is down to the roleplayers what they establish) within one or both of these settlements. The various plots for the First Season will aid roleplayers in reaching their goals and ensuring that some form of government is established so the roleplay may progress. I will announce the First Season in a few days.

Northern Mountains

Be sure to sign up to the forums! If you have any questions do let me know. Apologies on the cutoff on the images, it seems the forums is doing it.

Nice map design. Looks very "natural".
Thanks FKI. I perhaps mention it too much but I really want to immerse roleplayer's into another world. As such, I tried to make the map appear as natural and engaging as possible. Hopefully it works.
Awesome, can't wait!