ID:2188445

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Well, the title says it all. Objects in my game are not defaulting to the node name. If I don't set a name for the object, the obj appears to be null. Can't click it, can't print it's name. This is problematic for me because my abilities have hotslot objs that can't be dragged, clicked, or anything. It's odd that the image is there, it's just nameless and acts as if it isn't there.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Created an obj and set it's name to "Test" and made a quick Click() for it.
2. Printed the name (worked fine), tested Click(), worked fine.
3. Removed it's set name, which should make it default to the node name. It did not.
4. Tried to print the name (printed null, the chat log moved but nothing was printed), tried clicking it, Click() wouldn't work. It's like the obj isn't even there unless it's named.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? : Yes, every time
In other games? : I'm not sure.
In other user accounts? : Yes.
On other computers? : I would think so.

When does the problem NOT occur? : Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? : Not certain. Will do some testing.

Workarounds: : Name every single obj you use. Not a good fix.

Best response
I'm 100% sure that this isn't a BYOND bug, but is a part of your own code.

For example, this makes all atoms have their names default to "blah" instead of their type name:
atom/name = "blah"

This makes all atoms with default blank names ignored by mouse interactions (assuming they don't override New() without calling ..()):
atom
name = ""

New()
if(!name) mouse_opacity = 0

Can you provide a minimal test environment that reproduces the bug?
there wouldn't be anything like that in my code. I can gyazo it for you.

https://gyazo.com/b98cc9666d04224a81d55f4343915a9b

This is the stat panel for abilities. They don't have set names, and they didn't need set names before.
Nvm I found it. Thank you for the help, silly mistake.