ID:2189131

Code:
var/object_y_pos = 0
//object_x_pos is okay as it is.
object.screen_loc = "cardlist:[card_loc_x],[card_loc_y]"

Result: https://gyazo.com/dbfa6b00bfce434d3a67e912e47f9a6b

Problem description:
I might be just nitpicking at this but is there a way to put the object at the very top of the screen? I tried creating multiple objects (4 of them) and placing them at each corner on how big I want it but no luck. I tried using the NORTH variable within the setting of the screen loc but I seem to get the same result each time.

EDIT: The line in the result picture is the very top of the map control.
Okay, so basically, the way that secondary map controls work, is that they will try to center on their contents.

Their contents are determined by the total tile area taken up by what's rendered in them.

So let's say your secondary map control is 320x160, and your tile size is 32x32.

That means that you would want to put an empty stretcher object at "cardlist:1,1", and another empty stretcher object at "cardlist:10,5". (320/32 = 10, 160/32 = 5)

I believe you should be able to use NORTH,EAST,WEST,SOUTH after you have the stretcher objects in place. If that's not the case, you will have to calculate the exact position yourself for the card objects.

To be perfectly honest, though, there's very little reason to actually use secondary map controls anymore now that planes are a thing.

They never worked well in the first place, and they can cause some pretty major headaches.
In response to Ter13
So when would I set that up? When I open the window of the secondary map control.

What are these planes you speak of :)?