ID:2190074

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 50.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
This could be a very strange problem, but I'll go over what has happened. The first anomaly wasn't too bad. For whatever reason, I was enlisting code for turf to be placed. Nothing too much other than appearance for now. I did so for a while and then after a compile, it said it couldn't find a file. The file was clearly there, however the name of the file (not the code) was somehow changed. The original was "farmland", and it was changed to "farrmland". It's bizarre because I never touched the file in a while, and then suddenly it changed name without my hand in it. The other anomaly is even stranger. An entire interface window I had built just completely disappeared on its own. Unlike the file renaming, this one has a possible lead. The only thing fishy I've done with the interface was picture placement. The buttons, and output uses png images I had made. I changed the location of the image files before, and to my not so surprise, the interface went colorless without them. I redirected to the images again; after that I didn't touch it. After over a week of not doing anything in relation to the interface file, it suddenly disappeared; the window, not the file.
I will give the code I have done prior to these events on request, but I really don't see a connection.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
It's a mystery.

Actual Results:
An unexplainable change in two files' natures.
A filename won't change on its own in DM; that's something that either you did inadvertently, or your system did.

Either way, definitely not a BYOND bug.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
It sounds like your hard drive is about to die on you.

I'd start backing your shit up that isn't backed up.