ID:2190398

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Hello.

Yesterday, near 11am (europe) I tried to open BYOND, I got the black screen, the blue loading bar and the text that goes with it, though, once the loading is done, I am unable to open the BYOND window.

I tried quite a lot, uninstall & reinstall (Both the latest beta/stable version), clear the cache (not via the BYOND settings), reboot my PC, run it in admin mode (as I do all the time) and finally, without my anti-virus (avast).

Actually, I found a way to open the window, by using Windows+Tab, and right click the BYOND window then select 'anchor left', once I click this, the window appears, but I cannot click it, I keep having the 'error' noise.

I have Windows 10 Pro, and the last time I was running BYOND, it had the beta version 511.13XX, I've got a Windows update before this, but this bug occured one day after the update.

I will be honest, I don't know what to do, as I am not very experienced in computers, I've been told in my support ticket to ask on the forum, and that it was probably the Windows update, or a program update that may have caused this 'bug', if I may call it.

Thanks in advance, if you have the solution to my problem. :)
Best response
Make sure all of the BYOND programs are closed out before doing the following:

Navigate to your Documents folder (usually "C:\Users\[your_windows_username]\Documents") and open the "BYOND" folder.

Now navigate into the "cfg" folder and locate the file "pager.txt" then delete it.

Now reopen the Pager, it should load as expected.
It's working again, thank you a lot. :)