Lige wrote:
Out of the list, only Baccano seems interesting to me. I'll check it out tonight.

The thing about Baccano is the dub is probably better than the sub. I'm almost always on the side of subs, but this show has mostly western characters and western voice actors do a very good job providing the characters with different accents.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
The thing about Baccano is the dub is probably better than the sub. I'm almost always on the side of subs, but this show has mostly western characters and western voice actors do a very good job providing the characters with different accents.

I agree with you about this. But honestly, dubs really don't bother me. With exception to Peacemaker Kurogane's women all having southern accents... What was up with that?

If I remember correctly, Baccano has a few elements from Durarara!! (or vice versa, either way) as well I believe.

--

And what kind of general anime thread doesn't have a mention of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle? I'm ashamed at myself for not mentioning earlier. Another extremely good title, well worth watching. Continuity gets a bit messed up in the transition from series to OVA, but you can look past it if you try. [Edit] (Not to mention the best sound-track ever!)
Lol, very late reply, but yes i really enjoyed Tsubasa, i remember waiting for the next series.. still. :(

Here's a video of Gintama.

Beware: it's probably more suited for the immature. :)

AMV's are the bane of YouTube.

It's ridiculous how there can be eight videos of the exact same scene yet the only one not dubbed over with music is in 240p and is a recording of a laptop screen.
Tsubasa is pretty good thought they don't continue it and I found reading the manga afterwards the whole story is very convoluted, I suggest Persona Trinity Soul, Blood+ & Blood-C, Freezing( the little that was actually released), Hajime no Ippo(amazing), Soul Eater...those are just a few that i've enjoyed.
Nice Mecha, Yeah Hajime no ippo's among my top fav's. I felt like fighting a bear while watching that lol.

Only thing i haven't seen from what u said was Persona trinity soul.
Everytime I read or watch Ippo I feel really pumped up afterwards lol, I even went as far as to join the Boxing Society at Uni for a year... all they do is train though not much in the way of actual boxing.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan is badass since you like it you should watch star driver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGhuOPrgc0 it ends at 3.30
Gurren Lagaan took me completely by surprise around episodes seven/eight (I think, you know what I'm referring to, anyway). I was actually sad. =(

--

Tsubasa, although unfinished was still pretty badass. I read a couple of the manga's, but as I'm not much of a reading person, that was short lived.

--

SAX was unfortunately right about Rosario + Vampire. I didn't understand his "completely lack of character development" comment, as from what I'd see at the time, there was some going on. But that was the first season... The second is completely lacking in it. I think the only potential character development in the second series was in the last two episodes. Otherwise, he was spot on: generic harem crap.

This disappointed me. The concept looked like it could have gone quite a decent way if done correctly.
Ghost Hunt was a badass anime and Gintama is so far too. Another good anime though is Angel Beats and Ouran Highschool Host Club. Both funny and awesome
I honestly, don't know most of these o.O.

I know Fist Of The North Star, lol.
Page: 1 2