ID:2191078

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
So I've recently looked into using BYOND's clunky interface system for a game and I've noticed a quirk.

Whenever I make a window not visible that is default, Options and Messages seems to pop up. This is somewhat annoying and I was wondering if there was a way to stop this from happening.
Another question: what determines if the window accepts key input? When I switch to my map window it doesn't seem to accept client input in the form of arrow key presses.
Best response
The Options and Messages thing appearing when no default is visible is a safety feature to prevent developers from creating invisible worlds that hide in the background. It's a requirement to always have at least one default window visible, you can however, make the window so small you can't see it -- if you absolutely need to hide it. That won't remove it from the taskbar though.

As for the second question, that's based on the 'macro' parameter for the window the map element belongs to.
Thanks. I worked around the Options and Messages thing by setting the new window to default.