ID:2193183

Happy holidays, Readers! I hope that you are all enjoying the winter holidays, taking some time to reflect on 2016, and looking forward to the new upcoming year! Here, have some game-update related gifts from developers!

So, with the season of giving having almost concluded, Yut Put has begun a BYOND donation drive, by pledging to open-source some of his most popular games, such as Epoch, Footrace, and Aetherune Tournament, if the BYOND donation bar hits certain milestones! BYOND gives developers the tools needed to create awesome games year round, so help BYOND and yourself with a membership purchase today!

BYOND

BYOND Developer Lummox JR is starting 2017 out with a more modern computer system, meaning juggling files, backups, programs, and settings over to the new machine. Regardless, a number of bug fixes were released in the latest beta version of BYOND, and new features such as subscription expansions, multiple gamepad support, and filters are still on his resolution list for next year.

BYOND Games

A flood of bug fixes and gore are found in the latest development logs of Feed. Kumorii's big feature addition has been the implementation of friendly AI units, the first of whom is named Kett, with plans to expand these units to have their own personalities and characteristics.

The renown Devourer Of Souls is back with another update for Sigrogana Legend 2. The newest feature in 1.72 is the addition of the reputation system. Players who are famous benefit with low pricing, but those who are the opposite may be snubbed by the town marshal.

Falacy has begun working on Eternity, an RPG where players build their skills and complete quests as a ranger, beastmaster, or samurai, with a large world to fight and explore in. Latest updates include redesigned, more responsive interfaces and challenging quests with more difficult monsters.

Pixel Realms made an announcement regarding their decision to migrate Severed World to another engine, citing performance problems. Shortly afterwards, they began looking for a programmer to convert Eternia: Roleplay into a separate PvP game, then tossed up a little teaser.

Kozuma3 has been working rapidly over the past two weeks to create Paradoxus, a round-based shooter. Join the Sektor or Eva team in a battle for survival. Train your character and use a wide variety of weapons, explosives, and special abilities. Then jump into the fragile fray and out maneuver the opposing team to become the victor!

Starborn910 has been hard at work, recreating the classical game of Chess. The game appears to be fully functional, complete with lobby, chat, scoring, and multiple simultaneous games. However, there is no AI, so grab a friend and start a match!

Kaizoku has set the sail on its development, focusing on artwork and interface management. The team started by updating the base player's icon to have a more chibi-styled appearance, followed by the recreation of the title screen, and adding on screen dialogs.

BYOND Resources

• Need your rogues to sneak up on players? Why not hide in their blind spots, snippet presented by Gooobai.
  • Tired of waiting around for your code to process inline and orderly? Then try giving MrStonedOne's callback datums a try!
I see my boi Falacy is back in action.
nice job everyone! keep up with the good work!
Yut Put damm bro you making a neat super bros smash game.
In response to Zanoroku
Zanoroku wrote:
Yut Put damm bro you making a neat super bros smash game.

you missed it brah, we was havin a tournament and stuff. i faced off against his grill partner nikola and emerged victorious but then his little brothers were cheating

for example, the first match i didnt even know it was the official tournament match, they just started it without warning me and so i was unprepared

also i was at a disadvantage because he designed the game to be hard if you're playing with a keyboard so tbh even tho i lost, if you rly think about it, im kinda the world champion imo

For me, 2016 was the year the last and final version of my LK Engine got done. Still looking forward to be back at multiplayer games using it this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAB1RPvZ13c