ID:2194356

Remember that girl back in 2013 who spent her year learning to dance?

There's another video trending now of a guy showing what he learned in 2016.

I hereby challenge you, my BYOND broskis, to pledge to learn something new in 2017 and then at the end of the year, post whether or not you actually learned it and have screenshot or video proof. Just typing "hey guys, I got into real estate now!" isn't going to cut it - I wanna see pictures of you standing next to the properties you own. Remember, the bigger your pledge, the more you'll get roasted if you don't do all the stuff on the list. Those who renege on their pledges will be subject to public humiliation. Once again, this isn't necessarily a "new years resolution" list( i.e. "I plan to spend more time with my Mom" ), this is specifically for learning new skills, although if you insist on posting pictures of your hot Mom, I'm totally fine with that. Just make sure she's actually hot. In other words, 7s and above.

I pledge to learn:

- Guitar ( I've wanted to learn guitar for years now but been too lazy, however within the past year or two I've expanded the amount of rock/metal music I've listened to and am ready to finally learn the damn instrument instead of watching it rot in my closet. This will probably be the hardest to accomplish by far but if I manage it, I will post a guitar cover on YouTube of one of my favorite songs, not sure which yet. )

- HTML, CSS and Javascript ( I already know this stuff but I forgot it, so this is more of a "relearn". Should be fairly easy. My proof for this will either be a game or a website. )

- Stock trading ( I had a brief discussion with my Mom not too long ago where she vaguely mentioned "stock trading" and she said "I wish you would learn it!" Normally I ignore her suggestions but I thought, y'know, I'm going to listen to my Mom for the first time in my life. I've actually already Googled it and watched YouTube tutorials on stock trading for about two or three weeks now and I know enough to start doing it, I'm just still a bit paranoid and want to learn a bit more so I don't go into this losing a shit ton of money. If I get into stock trading and make more money than I lose, my proof for this will be a screenshot of my bank account balance LOL. )

- DM ( Another relearn, and I'm only relearning this because of how interested I became in stock trading. While I was reading and learning more about it, I thought to myself "this reminds me of a game" and to motivate me to learn stock trading, I'm going to make an RPG that plays sort of like stock trading. More on that later, and the proof will obviously be the completed game. )

I think that's more than enough for one year. If I can at least do one of these things I'll be happy af. Trying to learn the guitar though is going to kick my ass.

Without further ado, let's make 2017 the year of learning new things! Oh and if you need motivation, here are wise words from my mentors:

I will learn how to be a muslim so I can rape and kill and get away with it as long as I move to Germany, France, or Sweden
Pixel Art: Plan on to invest at least 800 hours into learning this in 2017. Easy enough to prove this.

Unity and C#: Plan on making a full transition to Unity and studying/learning C# past the surface. I'll have some form of a project I can show to prove this.

FOREX: I'm already familiar with the FOREX market, but have yet to do trading outside of simulators. I will begin seriously trading in 2017. I'll prove this by showing my trading record or using a video showing live application of a price action strategy.

I know this isn't entirely learning, but in general, I'll be gaining complete financial independence this year -- going from nothing to my name to healthy and wealthy. I'll celebrate this by making a generous donation to BYOND at the end of the year. I may throw in a peek at my classic black-on-black mustang build once I purchase that too.

Much love to y'all this new year. Dreams only remain dreams as long as there is an element of fantasy; pursue what you want and make it happen.
Unity and C#: Plan on making a full transition to Unity and studying/learning C# past the surface. I'll have some form of a project I can show to prove this.

FUCKING CALLED IT. PEOPLE FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT.

Though I'd watch out for the price programs. They're kinda... terrible.
I plan to work on and improve my pixel art skills. I'm fairly confident that Feed will be finished late this year so I want to get my art skills bumped up to prepare for working on Skirmish.

I also would like to start learning how to compose electronic music. I'd love to make music in a similar vein/sound to Death Grips, albeit without vocals.
Definitely going to master Unity this year...

C#, Android Studio...

Yes yes I have already begun my journey this year...

started off learning 3D modeling with Blender.

This year men, we stop being regular lazy complacent human beings!

And in place of our lazy complacent attitudes we acquire the taste of fulfilment and success!

March on to glory men...march on.