Date: 12/31/2016 7:15:53 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Bedroom-peter
Description:
Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.510.1347, time stamp: 0x5764530a
Faulting module name: d3dcompiler_43.dll, version: 9.29.952.3111, time stamp: 0x4bf73239
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00163d8a
Faulting process id: 0x1f94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d263cc890b5053
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\d3dcompiler_43.dll
Report Id: d6bbcbf2-cfbf-11e6-82ae-fcaa14b4eef4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
Bedroom-peter

dreamseeker.exe
5764530a
d3dcompiler_43.dll
4bf73239
c0000005
00163d8a
1f94
01d263cc890b5053
C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\d3dcompiler_43.dll</ Data>
d6bbcbf2-cfbf-11e6-82ae-fcaa14b4eef4

I use windows 8.1, I recently got a Xbox controller to go with it but that shouldn't be doing it. I've downloaded older directX programs. altered the Xfilter.

I've tried everything. I don't know what's wrong.
Can I please get some help?
Also, this might help.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 1/2/2017 12:41:11 AM
Event ID: 1005
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Bedroom-peter
Description:
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Dream Seeker because of this error.

Program: Dream Seeker
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/ event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1005</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-02T06:41:11.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>32342</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Bedroom-peter</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>Dream Seeker</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
I don't know how the file access error message relates to anything (it might be a red herring), but the original fault you posted happened in a DirectX DLL file, not part of BYOND.

I would suggest doing a reinstall of DirectX on your computer. It may solve the problem outright.
Thank you. Sorry for the error message, thought it might be important enough to be posted. (since it was different than all the ones about the DirectX DLL file.)

Though I ran the diagnostic for it a few hours ago, DirectX didn't seem to have found any problems.
Okay I did what you said and reinstalled directX directly from the website. It did not help. Any idea on where I should go for more help?
Could it be possible that it's a graphics card issue? or a graphics update causing this?
Potentially I suppose it could be. Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Basically the problem here is that you're experiencing a crash in a DirectX .dll where crashing should not be possible. Something must have gone badly awry for that to happen.

Also while I don't think this is related, I'm curious: What locale is your computer set to? The only reason I ask is that the shader compiling process could, perhaps, be sensitive to character set issues. The shaders used by BYOND don't use any challenging characters, so this is a real stretch, but I figure more information can't hurt.
I have no idea. I've never touched the locale settings, so it's most likely set for NA/USA.

At any rate I've decided to rollback my computer and see if I can't figure out what happened. I did update the graphic drivers at some point, perhaps that's it? Or maybe it was the Microsoft Xbox controller? or Forge (A video recording service) did it. So many possibilities.
Oooh, video recording stuff often interferes with this kind of thing, so that wouldn't shock me at all.
I just removed it. No dice.

Updated Java. no dice.

gonna try my graphics next.
Apparently I had a unsupported AMD card, but I'm using Nvidia??
In response to Nevone
Nevone wrote:
Apparently I had a unsupported AMD card, but I'm using Nvidia??

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Did you have a message telling you something to that effect?
No, but apparently that was a thing. I have no idea what could be causing this. I think I'll remove that update again and restart and see if that won't fix things.
And no dice on that either. This is really some sort of enigma.
Okay so now it's fucking with -other- games. Assassin's creed three seems to be having the same problem now.

Going to see if it's because i've been neglecting updates.
Hold up. Shouldn't it say specifically, when a program crashes, that it was caused by a D3DCompiler fault? Because even when I played AC3 I got a error message similar to the byond one.
No, it may not tell you specifically. But if the error message showed up in a d3dcompiler_xx DLL file, then that would suggest a common cause.
In response to Lummox JR
Both AC3 and Byond were both caused by it. Ran a virus scan and found something, but not sure if it's the cause. It's ransomware.

if all else fails I'll just delete the erroneous compiler file and attempt to reinstall directX.
Holy crap. Randomware is serious stuff, so get rid of it.
Page: 1 2 3