I did. Not sure where it came from. But that didn't fix it. Maybe it encrypted the file..
In response to Lummox JR
What are all common causes of something like this? I think it's time I make a list and just go down it until I hit something that works.
Have you reinstalled DirectX since you removed the malware?
I'm trying but I can't figure out how to use the windows updater to get it. Got a link to a older version?
In response to Lummox JR
What if it's just a graphics card issue?
What Ransomware was found? It may be possible it encrypted some of the files.
I thought so as well, it was apparently a background or something? It was labeled 1011. I'm trying to find any clues about which files it's encrypted.
If you know the defined name of the ransomware (say, Win32.ransomware.locky or something of the sort), that will help.
In response to Hikato
Files: 1
Ransom.Troldesh
Downloads\1011_akt.zip, Quarantined, [6f9e1762990f1026261f76297f815ca4]
Okay so i ran a repair scan it found nothing. Is there anyway to repair game files? I'm baffled by what could be doing this.
Best response
One thing I might suggest is reinstalling not just DirectX itself, but the DirectX SDK (June 2010). That might well end up replacing broken files.
If my computer, maybe, was running a 64 bit instead of a 86 bit, would that cause the problem?
It's 64 or 32. x86 refers to the chip numbers used by 32-bit processors.

And no, having a 64-bit computer isn't enough to cause the problem. Lots of BYOND users have 64-bit computers, including myself.
Okay.

So I reinstalled the SDK and it did not fix anything. do you think byond might just need to be renamed or put into a different folder when I install it?
How does one use the web client? Can you use it to connect to just about any server or specific ones that have it enabled.
Only specific ones that have it enabled.
That's a shame.

Another question- how do I tell if the faulty file is byond or the D3Dcomplier file? Because everything seems to point towards DirectX being fine.
If you've reinstalled BYOND and no other malware is running that could have mangled it, BYOND is not the problem.
Alright just double checking.
Any suggestions as to where I should go next?
Page: 1 2 3