ID:2195609

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 50.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I import new large images and assigning them to an atoms icon_state and place that atom on the map editor the atom graphics appear messed up. By messed up I mean that instead of the icon_state specified it appears like other icon_states in different dmi files of my project. In order for that to occur though I must already have imported more icons (by large I mean 400x500 in dimensions).
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Import large image
2.Assign image to an atom.icon_state
3.Place atom on map editor

Expected Results:
The atom appears like the icon_state specified
Actual Results:
The atom appears like other icon_states from the same project, but many of them together and out of place
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Yes
In other user accounts?
Not tested
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When I import small sized graphics or not many large sized graphics
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not tested
Workarounds:
Keeping few large icons in a dmi file or sometimes closing Dream Maker, opening again and recompiling.
I'm confused. Your subject line says the map editor is crashing, but the post says nothing whatsoever about a crash. What exactly is happening?
I'm sorry by crash I meant that something does not work properly not that the editor stops working at all. I will edit the title
Do you have a demo project for this? It'd be easier working with that than trying to cobble something together.

Also, I'd like to confirm the version you're using. Is this indeed 510? If so, does the problem still happen in 511.1366? There was a fix in 511.1363 for large icons that is very relevant.

If you're actually using a beta, not 510 as you said, then I need two things: First, please edit the report to include the correct version, both major and minor build number, that you're using. Second, try this out in build 511.1362 and see if it behaves the same way; the aforementioned fix touched the big-icon code, so it's possible something went awry.
I'm using 510.1347 latest stable if I recall correct, I will test the beta.

If problem persists in beta I will create a demo project otherwise I will wait until beta version is stable.
There's really no point in waiting for 511 to be marked as stable; the final version of it won't be markedly different from the current one, except for a few fixes here and there and some gamepad changes.
Just tested with the beta version, what I noticed was an extreme improvement in compile time with previous version it took 15-20 mins(for start-up) now its just 30 seconds :o I have a lot of large icons maybe the new version handles them better. Also map scrolling works way faster like no lag at all, before it lagged quite enough.

Now about the bug it has improved now I can add much more large images together (tested up to 5 times more). Now what happens is when I add a large image to the dmi the obj is invisible in the map editor instead of appearing like random images. But if I close Dream maker and open again problem is fixed before the problem was not always fixed by opening and closing.

EDIT: With the beta version this problem is not serious since closing and opening only takes 30 seconds.

Here are 2 images of the map editor using 510 version (Note that wall and road obj become messed up with graphics from other dmi files)
https://postimg.org/image/y3byu55ef/
https://postimg.org/image/hn83o5llj/

and here is the image in run-time
https://postimg.org/image/71su2dl9p/

Now in the beta version instead of messing up they are invisible until you close open DMaker.
Btw in the beta I noticed CPU is really high like 23 all the time while in 510 it is 8 something seems wrong here...

And it has nothing to do with large obj I placed many 32x32 obj and I got 22 cpu in a test file
I don't know why your CPU usage would be higher. I'd have to take a look at your source to make any inferences.
sure how can I send a test project?? (about the cpu)